Sending your child to London

Just a straw poll as I'm proper fummin about something!

If you had a child in Year 6 (age 10-11), would you be willing to send them on a school trip to London? It would include travelling down by train, staying in a Youth Hostel for two nights and visiting popular tourist attractions by Tube.
no, for the following reasons:
  1. the tubes change destination and line at any given moment and child could end up lost
  2. the street names aren't in English and could get lost
  3. muslims

If you had a child in Year 6 (age 10-11), would you be willing to send them on a school trip to London? It would include travelling down by train, staying in a Youth Hostel for two nights and visiting popular tourist attractions by Tube.
Yes, definitely.
What is it that you're fuming about?

That's some challenge the teachers are taking on like, can understand your concerns. How many kids are on the trip?

YES BUT HOW MUCH ARE THEY TRYING TO ROB YOU FOR IT. And now without shouting :oops:

I know they can`t legally charge you but how much of a d"donation" are they leaning on your for?

They can charge as it's an optional holiday rather than educational. It was £280 for rail travel, public transport in London, accommodation, all meals including the Rainforest Cafe, a West End Show, open top bus trip and all attraction entry fees. Thought that was reasonable.

That's some challenge the teachers are taking on like, can understand your concerns. How many kids are on the trip?

29 if the whole class went, but they needed 20+ to make it viable cost wise. Year 6 go every year and they've been fine in the past.

No problem at all, my youngest went at that age, had an absolutely cracking time.

What’s the issue like?

Back