Sending your child to London

B

becs

Just a straw poll as I'm proper fummin about something!

If you had a child in Year 6 (age 10-11), would you be willing to send them on a school trip to London? It would include travelling down by train, staying in a Youth Hostel for two nights and visiting popular tourist attractions by Tube.

If you had a child in Year 6 (age 10-11), would you be willing to send them on a school trip to London? It would include travelling down by train, staying in a Youth Hostel for two nights and visiting popular tourist attractions by Tube.

My daughter asked about this when she was the same age. I said no.

Yes,mine went to harry potter thing year before last and did the exact thing,youth hostel etc,same age

YES BUT HOW MUCH ARE THEY TRYING TO ROB YOU FOR IT. And now without shouting :oops:

I know they can`t legally charge you but how much of a d"donation" are they leaning on your for?

The little one did it last year and is going again this year.
Coach down
Hotel near the airport for some reason
And take coach to their trip destinations, which includes theatre

If the bairn wanted to go I would be fine with it. I wadnt talk them into it if they were so so but having some independence does them good in my opinion. No doubt there would be plenty rules about keeping us up to date etc from Mum mind.
Mind those days are long gone for me:lol:

Yes, without a doubt.

Assuming there was plenty of adult supervision aye why not.

What I was fuming about was when my son came home about 5 years ago and announced he needed over £3K to go Africa. Ridiculous amount of cash to find and felt like we were paying through the nose (well for a freebie for the teachers).

He still went but I thought it was a piss take.

Assuming there was plenty of adult supervision aye why not.

What I was fuming about was when my son came home about 5 years ago and announced he needed over £3K to go Africa. Ridiculous amount of cash to find and felt like we were paying through the nose (well for a freebie for the teachers).

He still went but I thought it was a piss take.

some of the trips my 2 get a chnace to go on are mental.... I let them do the short europe trips but the south america, Africa , India trips are just silly priced

I have one going to ww1 battlefields in a few weeks and that about £180. travel dead early friday. one night in hotel and back Saturday evening. wouldnt mind but they will stay in a flea pit accommodation not even A half decent IBIS or something

Back