Sending something abroad question.

Snaggletooth

Midfield
My son lives in Thailand and has asked me to send over some of his fishing gear (x4 reels, x4 bite alarms and a rod pod....value about £1000). Would he have to pay tax/duty etc if they are already his...he hasnt just bought them.

My son lives in Thailand and has asked me to send over some of his fishing gear (x4 reels, x4 bite alarms and a rod pod....value about £1000). Would he have to pay tax/duty etc if they are already his...he hasnt just bought them.
I just sent a parcel to Australia and think there was a limit of something like £400 before it tripped the customs limits. There’ll be a site somewhere with the ins & outs for Thailand. I’d double check everything to make sure it’s all ok to send through. Value wise it may be you need to split into more than 1 parcel.

It would, in my opinion, probably be best, for obvious reasons, to check on an official website, perhaps, for THE KINGDOM’S own rules.

I just sent a parcel to Australia and think there was a limit of something like £400 before it tripped the customs limits. There’ll be a site somewhere with the ins & outs for Thailand. I’d double check everything to make sure it’s all ok to send through. Value wise it may be you need to split into more than 1 parcel.
Thanks for that...that might be a good idea to split it.
It would, in my opinion, probably be best, for obvious reasons, to check on an official website, perhaps, for THE KINGDOM’S own rules.
Thanks, for, that, I, will, have, a, look, to see, what, the kingdoms, rules,are.

Last edited:
Thanks for that...that might be a good idea to split it.

Thanks, for, that, I, will, have, a, look, to see, what, the kingdoms, rules,are.

This seems to have answers.

Also, this says that even personal sports equipment is subject to duty being paid.

Yep, Be plenty sites with the ins and outs of Thailand :lol: :lol: :lol:;)

I took four rolls of cheap wallpaper into Koh Samui from Hong Kong and they demanded about £40 duty! Eventually they settled for £10 cash for tea money and no paperwork.

Back