Sending Lease Car Back

Casper

Midfield
Any advice, it's got a scratch on the bumper which I'll get sorted but otherwise it is sound. But I know they can be picky bastards.

I also stuck a tow bar on, reckon it needs to be taken back off?

Any advice, it's got a scratch on the bumper which I'll get sorted but otherwise it is sound. But I know they can be picky bastards.

Get the tow bar removed and look through this. Industry standard and charges for minor repairs can often be cheaper as they do it in house. From memory VWFS charge about £40 for an alloy wheel to be repaired whereas you will be charged more if doing it independently

Alphabet GB Ltd

My last one had a scratch, canny deep right down to the bark. The check it fella looked it up and I got a bill. For £17. That was VW group.

Who is doing the inspection? Check the costs for damage mine was cheaper with VW to pay the fee than have it repaired and far less hassle. It’s far more regulated now and they can’t/don’t take the p with charges

Tow bar is a big no no mate take it off.

My last one had a scratch, canny deep right down to the bark. The check it fella looked it up and I got a bill. For £17. That was VW group.
£17? I'd take that like

Who is doing the inspection? Check the costs for damage mine was cheaper with VW to pay the fee than have it repaired and far less hassle. It’s far more regulated now and they can’t/don’t take the p with charges

Tow bar is a big no no mate take it off.

A company called ALD automotive, it came from Bristol Street motor group when they delivered it.

Won't be leasing again, bit of a ball ache

Last edited:
gave one back to Ford a few weeks ago, local company came to do inspection and take car they didn't add anything on......don't bother cleaning it inside or out it makes no difference.

i'd be taking the tow bar just to sell if its for that specific model and you're not getting another one. Canny expensive aren't they?

I don't think they're allowed to be reused these days. Could be wrong
Of course they are man.

£17? I'd take that like

A company called ALD automotive, it came from Bristol Street motor group when they delivered it.

I’ll be driving past next week, I’ll call in and ask. :lol:

But aye, tow bar off and either sort the scratch or look at the manufacturers return condition videos / guidelines that will be on their website for guidance.

I got a figure off lease company to purchase mine and then got a price from webuyanycar.com to see what they would pay for it. Ended up making about 800quid profit and that was after discounting the odd minor scratch.

£17? I'd take that like

I'm returning one to them on Friday, it's all valeted and gleaming but I did hear they go over them with a fine tooth comb and not to accept the collection guys word that it's ok but get it in writing, also take lots of images prior to handover.

Of course they are man.
Could be wrong, but sure there was a law change, and when fitting a towbar now, there's some new eu directive to follow that makes it very hard to reuse one.

Not that it'll stop people fitting their own of course.

I'm returning one to them on Friday, it's all valeted and gleaming but I did hear they go over them with a fine tooth comb and not to accept the collection guys word that it's ok but get it in writing, also take lots of images prior to handover.

They also look in the weirdest places for scratches. Apparently my daughters car had a small scratch on the inside of the door frame, and a stone chip on the bonnet vents. It would never occur to me to examine that sort of place!

Mine is up in a few month and I'm happy enough to keep it and pay the balloon payment, anyone been down this route before ? There's no hidden charges they can hit you with - admin fees etc?

My lease company say I can either leave the tow bar on the car ( no cost ) or if I take it off it must be returned to original condition

My lease company say I can either leave the tow bar on the car ( no cost ) or if I take it off it must be returned to original condition
It eludes to that in the documentation. I don't want to call them and dob myself in! They didn't cut the bumper to put it on just pushed it up a little so I'm hoping it just pops back down.

Back