Semenyo

I thought Semenyo should have been played on a wing to get round the back of the Fleetwood defence that was playing a high line. It looked like he was drifting deep in the middle and he had little impact for me. i thought the subs made us lose our shape and we looked less like scoring (until of course we did :lol:).

But I agree he looks powerful and quick. He could be a good option if we work out how best to use him.

I thought Semenyo should have been played on a wing to get round the back of the Fleetwood defence that was playing a high line. It looked like he was drifting deep in the middle and he had little impact for me. i thought the subs made us lose our shape and we looked less like scoring (until of course we did :lol:).

But I agree he looks powerful and quick. He could be a good option if we work out how best to use him.
Would offer something different to Gooch and I'd say he's better than Watmore if played out wide.

Would offer something different to Gooch and I'd say he's better than Watmore if played out wide.

I might be proven wrong but I don't think he will start Semenyo in any game unless the wheels start falling off or we have a few injuries. I don't think he would trust him to do the defensive side of the game that is crucial to the system he plays. PP isnt going to change much, last night is the type of game where he will get game time but not much else

Last edited:
Start Him & Laffs against Cov, they won't have planned for that.

Good point, it would be nice to get a team off guard for a change. It's good to be unpredictable at times, providing of course your plan pays off :lol:

That's why I always think it's useful for teams to become comfortable playing in more than one formation.

Last edited:
I might be proven wrong but I don't think he will start Semenyo in any game unless the wheels start falling off. I don't think he would trust him to do the defensive side of the game that is crucial to the system he plays.
PP did say a few weeks ago that any players that get a game are ready to play in his system, so it might happen. Very much doubt it though; will he risk changes against Cov? I think he has to with Wyke.

I dont think he will do that tho. Structure is everything to PP. If Semenyo starts it will be as a direct replacement for Gooch or Maguire. If Hume misses out Declan John will be a direct replacememt. He wont stray from his tried and trusted IMO.
I don’t disagree, Im just thinking itd be harsh to drop Gooch and maybe we could accommodate him and Semenyo By playing Gooch Left wingback.

Looked a little boy lost once we made all our subs but I'm not sure he knew where he was supposed to be playing. Was a cracking shot he hit mind and was a shame it glanced the defenders head as the keeper wasn't moving.
Good post , I was trying to work out where he was playing ..would be great in my humble on the last man .a ball in behind and nee one would catch him .Him and Lafferty looked lively.

Could he play centre forward? Very different set of attributes to Wyke or Lafferty but would have to put a shift in.
Off course. Look at all these times when the centre back have to take a red card because of the pace. He is pretty tall, fast as F, shoot like Jimmy Floyd Hasselbank. GET him in asap!

Back