Semenyo

• Thread starter Tyrion Lannister
  • Start date
So is he, or isnt he, an improvement on the starting 11? That goes for all 5 of the January transfers....
eh? you havent played football before have you?
he could have more natural talent than the relavnt payer in his positn..but hneed to learn the system.
need to get match fit..
there are a lot of variables that make the queston more releveant than what you said..
also the team just won a game...

It should of been 3-0 against one of the top teams in the league changes aren’t required yet! It would be bad for morale, dobsons going to be suspended anyway soon so Scowen will get his chance. You don’t know for a fact these players are going to be better until they play especially in the system we use, we are not in a position to risk loosing points trying people out.

So why buy them? The point I'm making is that the club, and its scouts, are professionals at this. Not fans on message boards or kids playing football manager games. If they go out and properly research players and carry out competent recruitment then the players we sign should be able instantly improve the first 11, or what is the point? Unless you think our current first 11 is without fault and best in the league?

'Dont change a winning side' is a phrase used only by football dinosaurs and cliche riddled sky boys

So is he, or isnt he, an improvement on the starting 11? That goes for all 5 of the January transfers....
If I may interject mate. At this point we don’t know, but I’m sure the manager does. If he doesn’t want to disrupt his team you can understand why. There are plenty of games left to get the new lads involved.

So why buy them? The point I'm making is that the club, and its scouts, are professionals at this. Not fans on message boards or kids playing football manager games. If they go out and properly research players and carry out competent recruitment then the players we sign should be able instantly improve the first 11, or what is the point? Unless you think our current first 11 is without fault and best in the league?

'Dont change a winning side' is a phrase used only by football dinosaurs and cliche riddled sky boys
because any player you get in jan. will have that issue for a few weeks..would you prefer they bought no one..until summer?
i mean the ideal secanrio is you buy no one for the first team in jan, because you have done it properly in the summer..safc arent there.
this jan. showed up the crap nature of the recruitment in so many ways..apart from anything else..the need to scarmble around to find a striker in jan. again..

a more relevant comparison than with kimpi might be with mcnnulty who we got rid of..and who could do summat right now..

I think it’s a fair question like. He looked a bit dodgy which to me seems daft when we could “bring out the Kimp” just as easily
He'd been here about 12 hours.
He came on late when we're two down.
He gets the ball once

...and "'he looks a bit dodgy" ???

Had'away man!

What do you mean 'see if they are an improvement?'

They simply must be an improvement or what was the point in signing them? I'd like to think that our scouts, coaches, manager etc.. actually had a look at these players before we signed them

I'm relatively happy with where we are in the league (relative to where we were 6 weeks ago) , but theres nothing wrong with having a desire for constant improvement
Exactly what I was saying earlier to him.

I'll guarantee if we keep the same side tonight and Saturday there'll be excuses trotted out about fatigue or looking leggy etc at some point over the next two games. Well there might not have been if he'd freshened it up by bringing some of the signings in.

Last edited:

Because you need a squad of capable players but you need to manage them correctly in order to not upset people and get the best out of them !
Dropping people on the back of winning a game with a second half performance like that is absolutely shocking man management
Exactly what I was saying earlier to him.

I'll guarantee if we keep the same side tonight and Saturday there'll be excuses trotted out about fatigue or looking leggy etc at some point over the next two games. Well there might not have been if he'd freshened it up by bringing some of the signings in.
Some of the signings that haven played a competitive game for weeks and are prob not match fit just ease them in man that’s the best way keeps everyone happy aswel

Last edited:

This. Wyke is to slow to fill our attack. Get the new attacker on the field and let him outpace them.

Because you need a squad of capable players but you need to manage them correctly in order to not upset people and get the best out of them !
Dropping people on the back of winning a game with a second half performance like that is absolutely shocking man management

I'm not arguing that you dont need a squad of good players. But at the moment, our first 11 isnt performing well enough to win this league. It was said on here, and in pubs, and everywhere else, when we were doing extremely poorly through November and december - "just wait till january, make it to January, be in touch of playoffs in January' - so here we are, and we have made 1 addition to the starting line up.

I'll not repeat myself anymore, well I will, but I'd like to see the club continuously progressing and improving, even if by tiny increments, throughout the whole organisation, constantly. It's called being progressive. I really hope that a few of the new lads make thier way into the starting 11 tonight and this month and improve us from a 'play-off probable' to an 'automatic promotion certainty' - as I dont see that step as being massive. A few tweeks here and there. No disrespect to the lads who have got us turned a corner over the last few weeks, I'm over the moon results wise, but you cant honestly tell me that you think we look 'good', most of the time?

I'm not arguing that you dont need a squad of good players. But at the moment, our first 11 isnt performing well enough to win this league. It was said on here, and in pubs, and everywhere else, when we were doing extremely poorly through November and december - "just wait till january, make it to January, be in touch of playoffs in January' - so here we are, and we have made 1 addition to the starting line up.

I'll not repeat myself anymore, well I will, but I'd like to see the club continuously progressing and improving, even if by tiny increments, throughout the whole organisation, constantly. It's called being progressive. I really hope that a few of the new lads make thier way into the starting 11 tonight and this month and improve us from a 'play-off probable' to an 'automatic promotion certainty' - as I dont see that step as being massive. A few tweeks here and there. No disrespect to the lads who have got us turned a corner over the last few weeks, I'm over the moon results wise, but you cant honestly tell me that you think we look 'good', most of the time?
You have never seen them play for us or even in this formation yet you want people from a winning team dropped who have just beat probably the best team in the league like I said Dobson is a booking away from a suspension anyway why would you want to drop him when it’s going to happen naturally

Back