Selling tickets for an event you can’t go to

Are there any legal issues with this? A family member’s got two tickets for the Strictly tour tomorrow and now can’t attend, they want to sell them on Facebook. Is this allowed or could the tickets end up being cancelled?

I’m sure I remember something being introduced recently to try and stop touts, where you may be asked to produce the card the tickets were originally purchased with on entrance.

Are there any legal issues with this? A family member’s got two tickets for the Strictly tour tomorrow and now can’t attend, they want to sell them on Facebook. Is this allowed or could the tickets end up being cancelled?

I’m sure I remember something being introduced recently to try and stop touts, where you may be asked to produce the card the tickets were originally purchased with on entrance.

Only a legal issue if they are tickets for football.

However the terms and conditions of sale may prohibit resale so check them.

I've bought and sold tickets for gigs on Facebook and Twitter. There's a fair bit of trust involved. Technically most tickets are prohibited from resale but I'm not sure how enforced that is. StubHub seem to do ok from it.

The strictly "security" are keener on checking you only have a small bag, with one bag of sweet max and no drinks than check if the ticket is yours. Shambolic security/queing (didn't go but watched mother and daugher go in). They will be fine.

I remember buying tickets for creamfield on Ebay.

60 quid which was fair enough but on the sunday due to loads of rain fri/sat the main stage was sinking.

Got cancelled and everyone got a refund who had paid for the Sunday. Bastards got the money off me then money back with refund.

Totally blanked me lol wankers

Back