Selling a car

My warning light cost £290 iirc to get fixed as it was the cat converter

Not being cheeky marra but I don’t know where you have been looking to see a ten year old Polo for between £3-4K, in my opinion without knowing the model and taking into consideration the condition of the car etc. you will do well to get £1500
Just on auto trader that’s all the prices for my make and year, I know nothing about cars but from the comments seems like I need to aim lower

£3-4 k?
Looking at about a grand to 1300 imo bud.fix indicator leave the dint sell it on eBay in the classifieds for a set price as you don't want random.s off Facebook turning up as it's a clart on at times and not worth the hassle unless your experienced with that sort of thing.
All stuff that's already been said really
Happy selling marra:D

Get an mot before even trying to sell. Where the ones priced as you said in garages? As you wont get anywhere near selling private compared to a garage due to them having warranty cover with them

WeBuyAnyCar offered me £50 for a car I later sold for £700. Shame I'd paid £800 for it the month before.

Suppose it depends what they have demand for, how easy it is to shift them on etc.

I've decided to sell my car and I want to know if there are any tips for the way to maximise how much I sell it for.
Its a 2009 Polo and I've seen similar cars priced between 3 and 4 thousand. I paid 5,500 between 3 and 4 years ago.
Its got a small bump in the boot and one of the indicators is damaged, it has one month left on its MOT. Is it worth fixing ? How much should I be looking for?
The reason why I'm selling it is since I've moved to London I now don't use it very often and haven't used it this year.
Petrol\diesel, model, mileage, service history? These are the questions that will make a difference mate.

Back