Sell outb?

How much would it have cost the club to put free buses on?? I’m guessing not loads . . .

A lot will go on train, a lot are exiles and a lot go for more than a day.

Would have been a brilliant gesture and given we only played there a few weeks ago would have probably ensured we sold out.

How is it crap by us ?

Chatlton may have sold there's via a different method to us allowing tiks to be sold quicker.

Not to mention not having the cost of travelling from one end of the country to the other again so soon after the last visit.

Can't believe the negative criticism from some on here long before the deadline approaches for buying tickets.

Cracking effort so far by Sunderland fans if the figures being mentioned are accurate imo, all things considered and especially the arse about tit way the club have gone about the ticket sales, and as for the people comparing our sales to Charlton the majority of their fans will live within an hour of Wembley ffs

Heard there's about 7-8k left like. I know loads not going. Charlton just about sold there's. Crap by us but still time. Must be nice for them like - few drinks in local and pop onto the tube for 20 minutes. Play it up north I say
Charlton didn't alienate 1,000's of fans access to buying a ticket in a simple manner who had previous purchase history. They didn't rush through a member scheme that wasn't made clear enough that this purchase history would effectively be wiped. Charlton were clever enough to already have a free member scheme with loyalty points in place years ago in case shit like this happens :lol:

I like the Priority 1 of being able to get 4 tickets for those who've renewed Season Tickets as that's a canny idea, tho in our case it could have been 2. The Valley Gold is a £120 membership HERE helping the club to unearth talented footballers through its youth system.

Charlton Ticket Info Website Page

Logon or register to see this image

Last edited by a moderator:
It's probably worth giving Chris Waters a shout marra.
Got tickets mate, but wanted cat 1-3 as my mates little lad will struggle to see with his eyesight , but ended up in top tier, girl on phone told me none available at just after 9 am this morning.getting tickets never a problem ,just the selection of the seats

Heard there's about 7-8k left like. I know loads not going. Charlton just about sold there's. Crap by us but still time. Must be nice for them like - few drinks in local and pop onto the tube for 20 minutes. Play it up north I say
Its only monday ffs. We will sell out no problem, and as regards charlton being 20 minutes on the tube I take it you have never been to the valley !! 20 minutes - aye and the bloody rest !!

Its only monday ffs. We will sell out no problem, and as regards charlton being 20 minutes on the tube I take it you have never been to the valley !! 20 minutes - aye and the bloody rest !!
Your right we went to see them play Bradford of the Saturday of the Checkatrade. It’s 40 mins on the train from Euston then they will have to get across London to Wembley.
Say a couple of hours for them, but nowt like the travel from here, about 4-5 hrs train/ underground to Wembley is about the quickest you could do.
Realistically about 6 hrs on the coach?
It’s not a 20 min trip but a lot less than the majority of our lot even if they are not staying overnight and a lot less cost wise.

Don’t panic there’s loads left and by the looks of it there’s still a canny few sections to come on sale.

I’ve just had a quick look and there’s probs 1000’s in the top going round from the half way line and some in tier 2
Plus the upper opposite side to go on sale

How much would it have cost the club to put free buses on?? I’m guessing not loads . . .

A lot will go on train, a lot are exiles and a lot go for more than a day.

Would have been a brilliant gesture and given we only played there a few weeks ago would have probably ensured we sold out.

£1500 per coach with it being so late on 45 on average on each coach as there would need to be a couple of stewards, So £600,000 to transport 18000 fans. You would then have the arguments as to where the coaches should pick up and why the same can't be done for those on a train.

It would be a little embarrassing if they sell out and we dont. It seems like the financial burden of another trip to Wembley is a bit too much for some. Understandable but a bit of a shame.
It wouldn’t. Charlton fans fall outta bed and on to the tube. We’ve got 500 mile round trip. Not surprising fans are looking after their money after that second half display at Wembley. Our fans are fantastic

Back