Sell outb?

Seeing your team play at Wembley should never been burn out. People went to the check a trade to say they had been. Now when it really matters we seem to struggle, I just dont get it

I think it's more to do with a bit of fan burnout. We never win at Wembley so expectations are low.

Theres so many reasons.. A lot seem to be on holiday. Two Wembley trips in 8 weeks is not cheap at all. I think it's going to be close to a sell out anyway. Even 35k would be a fantastic achievement 8 weeks after our first Wembley trip.

Theres so many reasons.. A lot seem to be on holiday. Two Wembley trips in 8 weeks is not cheap at all. I think it's going to be close to a sell out anyway. Even 35k would be a fantastic achievement 8 weeks after our first Wembley trip.

This, people only had a weeks notice for this and it’s a bank holiday weekend, people will have plans with family holidays etc

Few people I know had plans already, holidays, family events etc... thing is, for those that missed out at the Checkatrade, there should be hundreds more clammering for tickets.... does make me wonder if, with the same success as City (4 wembley trips AND Champions League games) we would consistently sell our allocation... Id also hazard a guess Newcastle (who would deny it of course) would also struggle. Financially for those of our support and those elsewhere up north, cost these days is becoming a huge factor... imagine if we charged the prices Arsenal/Chelsea charged for season tickets... you think we would sell 30,000 plus in the premiership.... I doubt we could

Why should they?

Because it would be a nice gesture and would help fans that maybe can’t afford more than their ticket. The new owners have been given a lot of goodwill by the fans and it would also be a nice bit of PR. A few buses isn’t going to break the bank. The players could even chip in a few quid.

Last edited:
Because it would be a nice gesture and would help fans that maybe can’t afford more than their ticket. The new owners have been given a lot of goodwill by the fans and it would also be a nice bit or PR. A few buses isn’t going to break the bank. The players could even chip in a few quid.
230000 people is a lot of busses..the new owners have had good pr but also been threatened and smeared..

Few people I know had plans already, holidays, family events etc... thing is, for those that missed out at the Checkatrade, there should be hundreds more clammering for tickets.... does make me wonder if, with the same success as City (4 wembley trips AND Champions League games) we would consistently sell our allocation... Id also hazard a guess Newcastle (who would deny it of course) would also struggle. Financially for those of our support and those elsewhere up north, cost these days is becoming a huge factor... imagine if we charged the prices Arsenal/Chelsea charged for season tickets... you think we would sell 30,000 plus in the premiership.... I doubt we could
We wouldn't charge it for that reason. They can as they can happily price out working class fans and have the numbers with money to step in. No surprise that City have also struggled to sell out certain games. Doubt their fans bemoan the success but it must cost far more than many can afford to get to the lot. Utd and Liverpool are different again as they have the numbers, if not the most well off fan base. Back on topic tho, this can be done very cheaply. Car full there and back same day plus ticket wouldnt even cost 100 quid each.

We wouldn't charge it for that reason. They can as they can happily price out working class fans and have the numbers with money to step in. No surprise that City have also struggled to sell out certain games. Doubt their fans bemoan the success but it must cost far more than many can afford to get to the lot. Utd and Liverpool are different again as they have the numbers, if not the most well off fan base. Back on topic tho, this can be done very cheaply. Car full there and back same day plus ticket wouldnt even cost 100 quid each.
Very true there fella

I know there's no cheap way of doing it, but some of the amounts people spent for the CT final sounded mental. There's definitely less expensive ways of doing it.

Back