Sell outb?

No it's not!

It's indicative of the ludicrous decision to limit to season card holders and members. My son didn't qualify for the checkatrade despite attending most home games, as i buy his tickets. Now neither of us qualifies for this as we aren't members!

If it get's to a general sale, it doesn't give a lot of time to plan the journey/accommodation etc.
They'll go on sale tomorrow so you can buy them mate. Hopefully give you and others in same boat enough time to get sorted.

If Phase 2 was purchase history it would be sold out now. The UK membership thing is farce (they can't have sold many of them) - as is 6 tickets per ST holder.
sixtickets per st holder must help sales surely?
ebveryone who wants a ticket can have one oght now-no doubt..so why hasnt it sol out?

It would be a little embarrassing if they sell out and we dont. It seems like the financial burden of another trip to Wembley is a bit too much for some. Understandable but a bit of a shame.
:lol: Most of our fans are hundreds of miles away whilst charlton are just a tube ride away

It would be a little embarrassing if they sell out and we dont. It seems like the financial burden of another trip to Wembley is a bit too much for some. Understandable but a bit of a shame.
Not really embarrasing when they can leave the house jump on a tube watch the game and be back home for tea the cost isn't to bad
Where as we have to travel hundreds of miles with much more expense

If Phase 2 was purchase history it would be sold out now. The UK membership thing is farce (they can't have sold many of them) - as is 6 tickets per ST holder.
Not sure I agree that the ticketing phases have been farcical. Given that we're half a day into phase 2 and there are still plenty of tickets left you could argue that they've pitched it correctly. Perhaps if they'd cut off phase 1 yesterday instead of today it would have been slightly better (allowing more time for any phase 3) but arguably everyone in phase 1 and 2 have had ample opportunity now and then there'll be time for other people to try tomorrow.

At a very rough glance I reckon there's about 6K tickets left right now (assuming no more blocks being held back, but there could be some that have been offered to staff/sponsors etc) and we're unlikely to sell them all today, so it will go to Phase 3 tomorrow and everyone will get a chance to go.

Last edited:
I think a club like us would hope to sell out Wembley for a play off final. Of course it's easier for them to go to Wembley. But they're a pretty small club in comparison to ourselves.

Small clubs often bring numbers far in excess of their usual support to a showpiece final.

Don't think they've been back in 21 years and never played at new Wembley. This will be our third visit and the last was just a couple months ago.

Small clubs often bring numbers far in excess of their usual support to a showpiece final.

Don't think they've been back in 21 years and never played at new Wembley. This will be our third visit and the last was just a couple months ago.
Mate, I know we're not comparing like with like here. And I maybe shouldn't use the word embarrassing. But its Sunderland. We dont want to be outnumbered by Charlton in our biggest game of the season.

Hopefully we shift a fair few more tomorrow.

No it's not!

It's indicative of the ludicrous decision to limit to season card holders and members. My son didn't qualify for the checkatrade despite attending most home games, as i buy his tickets. Now neither of us qualifies for this as we aren't members!

If it get's to a general sale, it doesn't give a lot of time to plan the journey/accommodation etc.
Do you not know any season ticket holders who could get tickets for you.

Why? Not like they have further to travel...
See as most people will have kids, mortgages and bills to pay not to mention that people have booked summer holidays, an expensive trip London might be too much.

Believe it or not people's lives don't revolve around SAFC and football.:rolleyes:

Back