Self Isolation game plans

You really should start from the beginning. Knowing what happened in each game will give you context as to why certain people (mainly the main character) are in locations or not in locations because of their history.

You can start with Kiwami 1 (remake of the original for PS4) or Zero (Prequel to all the games). I started with Zero which along with Kiwami 2 I've found to be the best of the bunch.

The games are often on sale in the Big in Japan offers (active now) and I think a couple of them are always in the PlayStation Hits section.

You really should start from the beginning. Knowing what happened in each game will give you context as to why certain people (mainly the main character) are in locations or not in locations because of their history.

You can start with Kiwami 1 (remake of the original for PS4) or Zero (Prequel to all the games). I started with Zero which along with Kiwami 2 I've found to be the best of the bunch.

The games are often on sale in the Big in Japan offers (active now) and I think a couple of them are always in the PlayStation Hits section.

I'll have a look, cheers mate.

Is Heavy Rain worth persevering with? Finding it pretty tedious and slow. Funny cos I quite enjoyed Until Dawn but maybe that was due to the horror and tension side of the game.

Is Heavy Rain worth persevering with? Finding it pretty tedious and slow. Funny cos I quite enjoyed Until Dawn but maybe that was due to the horror and tension side of the game.
couldnt get through it either and that was when it was released, imagine it must be pretty dated at this stage. I also enjoyed until dawn.

couldnt get through it either and that was when it was released, imagine it must be pretty dated at this stage. I also enjoyed until dawn.

Yea the graphics don’t look great now, it might be a more absorbing game if they were HD perhaps.

Just played a bit where there’s a woman in an apartment walking around doing mundane stuff. She’s attacked and you fight off these guys for ages...then she wakes up and it was all a dream :rolleyes: :lol: FFS...

I sacked it off after a good few hours. Those games I'd almost rather just have the scene play out and then have to make the choices, rather than walk all over into areas with no clues etc

Until Dawn is much better than Heavy Rain imo.

Last edited:
I sacked it off after a good few hours. Those games I'd almost rather just have the scene play out and then have to make the choices, rather than walk all over into areas with no clues etc

Until Dawn is much better than Heavy Rain imo.

The slow walking does my head in, like you say the bit where the detective is looking for clues was just a ball ache.

I’ve bought NBA 2K17 after watching The Last Dance. Haven’t really a clue on the rules of the game or anything else so it’s going to be a steep learning curve.

Been playing Knack as it was free on PS Plus a while back. Christ, it’s frustrating :lol: It’s generally quite fun but I’m playing on Easy and it can be really challenging at times. Checkpoints are miles apart and when you have certain enemies that can kill you with one hit then it doesn’t really end well.

Haven't self isolated but I have played (or attempted) to play through a few games in the last few months of lockdown.

Infamous Second Son - most fun I've had playing an open world type game since maybe Saints Row 4 or Sunset Overdrive.

RDR2 - very good game, really enjoyed the story and the vast map was a good time killer collecting various stuff.

Far Cry 5 - Bland but pretty. 3rd game still the best in the series by a mile.

Shadow of the Tomb Raider - Plot is a rehash of previous game, characters are dull as owt. Not a patch on the 2013 reboot, they should have left it there.

Finally got through A Plagues Tale - Innocence. Very good story driven stealth game. For a double AA game it was very impressive. Just stated Dragons Dogma - Dark Arisen.

Back