Self Isolation game plans

Enjoyed Zelda more than Mario which was too easy and, well, just seemed a bit like a game built on absolutely nothing. There's about 500 moons a stage, there was just no sense of achievement for me when collecting them. Mario Kart is good, like, you should get it and I'll give you a thrashing.
I have it and saw your thread, there was a reason I didn’t reply! 🤣
that is fun with mates alright never really tried it online, mostly get my ass handed to me with online stuff.

i liked the mechanics with Mario, there was some interesting stuff that I hadn’t seen before.

zelda tbf only played the first bit and it didn’t grab me at all,

Last edited:

I completed the Modern warfare campaign, something I never play as I always play multiplayer only.

I've started shadow of the colossus which I'm enjoying.

Completed the story on Lego Marvel superheroes and am chipping away with all the side missions now.

Hope were in lockdown for longer as I've got loads of games to complete and even start which I never get time.

Decided to do the Assassin's Creed Odyssey DLC seeing as i enjoyed the main game, my god what painfully drawn out shite, utterly pointless

Just played through Sam's Story DLC from Metro Exodus and currently playing through Star Wars Jedi - Fallen Order. Also half way through Doom 2016. Downloaded Control the other day so will play that when I've finished Star Wars. Got a bunch I've downloaded over the year/s that I've never bother with that I might give a go. These include A Plagues Tale Innocence, Yakuza 5 & 6, The Warriors and a load from PS Plus.
Wolfenstein: The New Order is currently £6.50 on the PS Store...worth a punt at that price?

Definitely. Great game.
Is Days Gone any good?

Probably unrelated but a long time ago I loved Alan Wake, would love another game of that genre.

I enjoyed Days Gone. If the Game loop clicked for me at a certain point and it was quite fun riding the bike and running from the Freakers (Zombies) even though the missions are repetitive. The Horde battles are great. It's a 7 out of 10 game so don't go in expecting Red Dead 2 or Witcher 3 level of storytelling or detail. It's well worth the play through at the PS Plus discount price it's down to now.

Last edited:
So whats every planning on playing through our period of self isolation?? Will be working from home the next two weeks and wont be busy so going to give horizon zero dawn another run through. Absolutely loved that game first time around but when the DLC came out I had forgotten how to play so just got annihilated. Looking forward to giving that a go.

Will try Shadow of the collossus to though I'm not too sure that will be my thing.

Just spent the last 6 days guilt free on days gone, what a game!!! Next up rdr2....:lol:

Is Days Gone any good?

Probably unrelated but a long time ago I loved Alan Wake, would love another game of that genre.

that control is on sale on the Ps store atm and that’s by the studio who did alan wake.
either rdr2 or control next for me after i finish the horizon zero dawn dlc

I never did the dlc for that but another excellent game, ended up buying resi evil 3 earlier today... need aBit of a rest between the open worlders :lol: My mates playing that control atm and he reckons it’s toppa/complete head f**k

Last edited:
that control is on sale on the Ps store atm and that’s by the studio who did alan wake.

I never did the dlc for that but another excellent game, ended up buying resi evil 3 earlier today... need aBit of a rest between the open worlders :lol: My mates playing that control atm and he reckons it’s toppa/complete head f**k
Seems to be back to full price, more or less. The melts.

First proper play on PS4 in three years- went for a second run through of Last of Us to refresh for LOU2- but thats been delayed now for months so not sure whether to plough on or move to something else.

I've downloaded COD Warzone for a try out. Any good?

I have RDR2, Witcher3, Horizon all to finish. Too big though. Desperately want God of War and Spiderman.

First proper play on PS4 in three years- went for a second run through of Last of Us to refresh for LOU2- but thats been delayed now for months so not sure whether to plough on or move to something else.

I have RDR2, Witcher3, Horizon all to finish. Too big though. Desperately want God of War and Spiderman.
Horizon is pure class.

God of war is pretty cheap in the spring sale at the moment as far as I know, the digital deluxe edition was 20 euro

God of War Deluxe edition was on sale around around 14 quid when I last checked the store.

So whats every planning on playing through our period of self isolation?? Will be working from home the next two weeks and wont be busy so going to give horizon zero dawn another run through. Absolutely loved that game first time around but when the DLC came out I had forgotten how to play so just got annihilated. Looking forward to giving that a go.

Will try Shadow of the collossus to though I'm not too sure that will be my thing.

I started playing Ark: Survival Evolved with a group of online friends about four weeks ago, thinking I probably wouldn't like it but wanted to stay sociable with them. Absolutely addicted to it, playing it from dawn until bedtime every day.

Installed it on March 8th, played it for the first time on March 9th, and so far I've notched up 450 hours on it. :eek:

What's that, an average of 15 hours a day for 30 days? :lol:

I'd highly recommend it. It's very very good.

Collect resources, use those resources to build a base one brick at a time, get levelled up, get more skills and better gear to help you survive, oh and TAMING DINOSAURS! And then you can breed the dinosaurs for better skills through your own little eugenics program to make them better able to win boss fights or do "dungeon bashes".
Control is supposedly similar to Alan Wake, have a gander at some gameplay videos on YouTube.

Control is heavily based on SCP, a wiki site about a fictional global organisation protecting humanity from crazy shit:

SCP Foundation

Last edited:

Back