Sega Mastersystem tech help?

Nah, there's something about playing on an emulator that makes it feel "throw away". Perhaps its having 40,000 games to chose from, there's no incentive to get stuck into one and figure it out.

With a few obvious exceptions i dont think i've used my emulator to play anything other than i what i own (or have owned) on my original consoles

exception being currently playing Shining Force CD on the emulator, as i dont own a Sega CD

(yet)

;)

but i certainly see the attraction of not using an emulator, especially if you still have the hardware

With a few obvious exceptions i dont think i've used my emulator to play anything other than i what i own (or have owned) on my original consoles
I'm just gutted that I was better at games when I was 10 than I am now. I'd love to complete a few of the games I couldn't when I was a kid, but I know in reality that it'll not happen :lol:

I did have a mega CD. Fuck knows why, I never bought a single game for it.

Which model master system is it?

File:MasterSystemModels.jpg - SDA Knowledge Base
The second one (on the bottom) will be a bit fiddly as I think it only has RF connection, like old tv aerials and will have to be tuned in in the same way if your telly has the right input, on a more modern TV you might not have any options here.

The first one (top) is easier if you have a Scart socket on the TV. You'll need something like this:

The Megadrive 1 has the same output so a cable for those can be used, this will be picked up straight away when the TV is on the right channel, the picture should be okay too.
If you don't have a Scart socket either you're out of luck.

Which model master system is it?

File:MasterSystemModels.jpg - SDA Knowledge Base
The second one (on the bottom) will be a bit fiddly as I think it only has RF connection, like old tv aerials and will have to be tuned in in the same way if your telly has the right input, on a more modern TV you might not have any options here.

The first one (top) is easier if you have a Scart socket on the TV. You'll need something like this:

The Megadrive 1 has the same output so a cable for those can be used, this will be picked up straight away when the TV is on the right channel, the picture should be okay too.
If you don't have a Scart socket either you're out of luck.
Master system 2 mate. Will have a go this weekend

Back