Sega Mastersystem tech help?

Won’t play through me TV. Looks like it won’t pick up the signal from the console.
You just plugged it in the back or tried tuning the TV too? Goes back to tuning individual channels like, not even sure how I'd do it on my TV.
Think these old games are best viewed on a ropey CRT TV if you've one in the loft.
I know I've just unearthed one before a loft conversion.
I hung onto one to play PS2 and Atari Jaguar. Spent ages stored away then when I set it all up it was huge. Only 21" screen size but the back of the fucker took up more room than the screen. Easy to forget how bulky they are.

Played for about ten minutes, put everything away, chucked the telly in the shed cos it looked like shit in the corner of the room.

Last edited:
I hung onto one to play PS2 and Atari Jaguar. Spent ages stored away then when I set it all up it was huge. Only 21" screen size but the back of the fucker took up more room than the screen. Easy to forget how bulky they are.

Played for about ten minutes, put everything away, chucked the telly in the shed.
Exactly. I can't get the twat through our loft hatch at the minute until I widen it or go route 1 with the telly to its death from the window, if I get restless.

There must've been a thriving business in reinforced corner telly tables.

Nah that’s no good. Want to get this fired up

yeah, i understand the thought completely (i still have my megadrive, snes, n64 and ps1 - all in working order)

but unless you have an old CRT lying around (i do) then you're looking at rf to hdmi, or scart to hdmi, or composite to hdmi, etc, etc

then you'll realise that the cable you bought does'nt upscale so it looks shit, then you'll see how much a decent cable is and lay an egg

then you'll realise than any pc bought in the last 10 years will emulate anything upto a ps2, and upscale to 1080p and beyond, and will work pretty much out of the box with a ps3/ps4/xbox controller

you'll eventually realise that the time you spent lugging stuff from the attic to plug in is time you could have spent playing shining force I, II or CD (or is that just me)

:)

You just plugged it in the back or tried tuning the TV too? Goes back to tuning individual channels like, not even sure how I'd do it on my TV.

Played for about ten minutes, put everything away, chucked the telly in the shed cos it looked like shit in the corner of the room.
Aye. Bugger all happens
yeah, i understand the thought completely (i still have my megadrive, snes, n64 and ps1 - all in working order)

but unless you have an old CRT lying around (i do) then you're looking at rf to hdmi, or scart to hdmi, or composite to hdmi, etc, etc

then you'll realise that the cable you bought does'nt upscale so it looks shit, then you'll see how much a decent cable is and lay an egg

then you'll realise than any pc bought in the last 10 years will emulate anything upto a ps2, and upscale to 1080p and beyond, and will work pretty much out of the box with a ps3/ps4/xbox controller

you'll eventually realise that the time you spent lugging stuff from the attic to plug in is time you could have spent playing shining force I, II or CD (or is that just me)

:)
:lol:

Can you have a word with my lass mate this is what I wanted to say

See i don’t have a clue here.
Remember when they launched digital TV and some people had to buy a new box to receive it as their telly didn't have a digital tuner?
IIRC, the master system outputs at a particular frequency, and you have to actually tune a station into that frequency, like you had to do with old tellies.

Watch this mate

Remember when they launched digital TV and some people had to buy a new box to receive it as their telly didn't have a digital tuner?
IIRC, the master system outputs at a particular frequency, and you have to actually tune a station into that frequency, like you had to do with old tellies.

Watch this mate
Ah ok yeah I knew that. That’s the problem with getting it displaying. I’ll watch the video tonight when I get in. Thanks mate.

Back