Second XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

208 runs ahead, going into the final day with 2 wickets left?

Seems the complete opposite to me. Surprised Hickey hasn't been in a squad this season, was alreet last season.

The scorecard.i posted hadn't been updated with day two figures.

Looks much better now and yes I agree

I popped in for an hour this morning...
Weather.....glorious
Attendance..........20
Notts set 222 to win were sailing along at 48-0 off 8 overs with virtually all the runs coming off Main.

I know times are tough for Durham, and I love this guy..........but....... Gareth Breese is playing for the seconds v Lancashire in a 3 day Championship match !
All due respect to him but surely an Academy player or a young promising club player should be in the side ?

Sorry, just checked again, it was a one day trophy match yesterday, NOT a 3 day match.
Wondering if Breese was in charge of the side with Kileen at the Riverside ??
May explain it ?

Last edited:
I know times are tough for Durham, and I love this guy..........but....... Gareth Breese is playing for the seconds v Lancashire in a 3 day Championship match !
All due respect to him but surely an Academy player or a young promising club player should be in the side ?

Sorry, just checked again, it was a one day trophy match yesterday, NOT a 3 day match.
May explain it ?

Thing is you'd think development wise it'd make.more sense for Pringle to play that and have someone further from selection on 12th man duties

Funny ..when Coughlin and Weighall were getting hit all over the shop yesterday afternoon I was thinking about Gareth Breese and how he would have tied their batsmen down a bit.

May explain it ?

Might be purely out of desperation, Marty said last week that he'd interviewed John Lewis prior to the Notts game (I think) and he said we only had 12 fit contracted players.

The Durham treatment table seems to be as full as it usually is.

I'm all for blooding youth, but it may just be that Breesey was used to give a little experience and expertise to a very youthful side.

See Lancashire had Chanderpaul batting 3 for them, which is f***ing ridiculous really.

Oh and btw, anyone after a cricketing fix on Friday - Seconds v Yorkshire at Brandon.

Get yourselves down, bar will be open most of the day and you might even get the opportunity to see me ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: Bri
See Lancashire had Chanderpaul batting 3 for them, which is f***ing ridiculous really.

Oh and btw, anyone after a cricketing fix on Friday - Seconds v Yorkshire at Brandon.

Get yourselves down, bar will be open most of the day and you might even get the opportunity to see me ;)

What's ridiculous about that?

Christ what an opportunity, meeting Brandon at Brandon. Might just have to have a bit of that...

Saw a little yesterday. Appleby from Sacriston bowled very impressively. Pace and control! Thought he may have played today aswell.

49-6. Seems the batting frailties are contagious.

Mind it has to be said - a lot of the normal second teamers are in the firsts.

Shaping up to be a cracking game against Leicestershire. Our lads have a lead of 257 with 3 second innings wickets left.

Declared with a lead of 301.

Last edited:
Wow.
It was heading towards a win for Leics. then Hickey went mad with the ball. Took 6 wickets for 74 and the 2nd's win by 18 runs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back