Second XI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Where at? You mentioned this in the Gloucestershire match thread too, but I've got the scorecard from the 2's today and Clark, Steel and Richardson didn't bat - presumably travelling to Bristol.
Scorecard I read which has now changed, very odd. Anyway the lad has done well and deserves his chance.

Squad vs Northamptonshire 2nd XI (1-4 May): Adam Hickey (c), Graham Onions, Gavin Main, George Harding, Josh Coughlin, Scott Steel, Tom Hewison, Michael Jones, Gareth Hart, Liam Hurt, Irfan Karim (wk)

same old story, strong bowling attack and hope for the best with the bat, not really anyone i've heard of there, except hickey as an all rounder, steel i imagine is related to cameron, and as expected we've given michael jones a chance to impress after he hit 173* against us playing for scotland A a few weeks back

Squad vs Northamptonshire 2nd XI (1-4 May): Adam Hickey (c), Graham Onions, Gavin Main, George Harding, Josh Coughlin, Scott Steel, Tom Hewison, Michael Jones, Gareth Hart, Liam Hurt, Irfan Karim (wk)

same old story, strong bowling attack and hope for the best with the bat, not really anyone i've heard of there, except hickey as an all rounder, steel i imagine is related to cameron, and as expected we've given michael jones a chance to impress after he hit 173* against us playing for scotland A a few weeks back
Scott Steel is a local lad from Durham City CC. Son of Gordon Steel and nephew of Bobby Steel.
Liam Hurt is a quick bowler from Lancashire who has "trialled" at several counties over the last 3-4 years.

Scott Steel is a local lad from Durham City CC. Son of Gordon Steel and nephew of Bobby Steel.
Liam Hurt is a quick bowler from Lancashire who has "trialled" at several counties over the last 3-4 years.

cheers, had assume hurt would be a bat no wonder we struggle to find new quality batsmen when we barely a handful of them in the seconds anarl

hopefully the scotch can prosper, i've no idea if he is a youngster or grizzled old hand mind

Gareth Harte is, I believe, a South African currently with MCC YC's. A frontline batter.
The only Irfan Karim I can find is a Kenyan wicket keeper/batsman ??

Former Judas Priest drummer on the album British Steel and male lead in the hit TV show Saphire and Steel. ;)

Second XI Championship:

Durham 372-2 (Harte 183, Jones 142*, opening stand of 326 :D) at Northants.

I take it all back, what batting woes?

Fair to say I assume jomes has earned himself a stint.

Lets hope he is better than macLeod.

What a catch though

Sign of the times I suppose.
Durham 430-3.
5 people have batted and only one is a signed up Durham player !

2nd's are at the Riverside this week Vs.Nottinghamshire

One day game on Monday then the Championship game on Tuesday-Thursday. 11am starts each day.

2nd's are at the Riverside this week Vs.Nottinghamshire

One day game on Monday then the Championship game on Tuesday-Thursday. 11am starts each day.

Gerrin!

Just took in my first Whitburn match anarl, love cricket season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back