Second vaccination in Sunderland

Does anyone have any info about giving second doses in Sunderland? I heard those who received their first jab on 1 December were being contacted to make an appointment for their second jab but I don’t know how that’s going and when my dad might expect to get a call - he had his first jab on 30 December

Does anyone have any info about giving second doses in Sunderland? I heard those who received their first jab on 1 December were being contacted to make an appointment for their second jab but I don’t know how that’s going and when my dad might expect to get a call - he had his first jab on 30 December
Call his GP is my best advice

Doubt he’ll be contacted for another week or two, minimum, would be my guess. 12 weeks gap?

My folks got their first at the end of January. The system for booking has changed since then and you can now book both. They were told they would be contacted so hopefully they get a shout around May time.

?

Nobody received a jab prior to 8th December. Those who did should have already had their 2nd jab as it's more than 12 weeks ago.

Those who got the first jab before the new year are on a different data base to this one so have to wait to be called.
Oh right I see. Interesting.

I think that makes sense when you consider lots of oldies wouldn't be able to breeze through an online booking form etc, especially if they live alone.

My other half has her second jab next Monday (she’s a nurse) 10 weeks after first one - was told that they are being monitored on how many they are giving out and aren’t allowed to give any second doses within 10 weeks of first or it flags up

I had the same thing with my grandparents. Their twelve weeks was this Wednesday (10th)

I called the 119 number and they said if everything was arranged by their gp they should wait for a call. This was Saturday.

On Sunday they were called and asked to have their second on the Friday.

I think if it was arranged away from your local gp surgery then people are expected to book their own.

I would give it a couple of weeks based on my grandparents timeline.

If it got within a few days I would call and see what is going on.

A word of warning for everyone going for their second jab.
Our lass went to flag court today and not only did they try to give her the first dose , they also tried to give her Atra Zeneca when her first jab was Pfizer.
The nurse was just about to inject her when my wife just happened to question her . They had to give her another appointment tomorrow

Last edited:
A word of warning for everyone going for their second jab.
Our lass went to flag court today and not only did they try to give her the first dose , they also tried to give her Atra Zeneca when her first jab was Pfizer.
The nurse was just about to inject her when my wife just happened to question her .
Where is Flag Court?

Back