second hand car or new lease car

I went second hand when faced with this dilemma. Picked up a right bargain, got an 08 Fiesta for £1800, 35k on the clock. Just had it’s timing belt done and sailed through it’s MOT.
need something a bit bigger got 2 little ones a teenager and another one on the horizon haha .... do you know any cheap mini buses ?

So what is peoples opinion ?

New lease car from work meaning a very low tax code and paying £350 from my wage each month but a nice new shiny car that is covered for any break downs,tyres etc

or

Pay about £2500-£3000 for a second hand car and have all own maintanence and insurance to pay for but would be better off each month by about £350

opinions welcome even stupid ones
Must be a very expensive company car if its costing you 350 a month in real money terms even your a 40% tax payer

I will always buy a 2-3 year old car and run it into the ground now, learned my lesson with brand new cars and seen plenty of people learn their lesson with lease cars

I would only get a lease car if I had a higher income and seen it as a simple expense like a phone contract or gym membership

that's not the tax that's the amount I pay each month to lease the car and that's all in tax,insurance ,maintanence

You're looking at the wrong websites if you're paying 350 for those cars. Have a look at select car leasing in their specials, you'll end up with a Merc or something with that budget!!

Back