second hand car or new lease car

So what is peoples opinion ?

New lease car from work meaning a very low tax code and paying £350 from my wage each month but a nice new shiny car that is covered for any break downs,tyres etc

or

Pay about £2500-£3000 for a second hand car and have all own maintanence and insurance to pay for but would be better off each month by about £350

opinions welcome even stupid ones

New lease car from work meaning a very low tax code and paying £350 from my wage each month but a nice new shiny car that is covered for any break downs,tyres etc

or

Pay about £2500-£3000 for a second hand car and have all own maintanence and insurance to pay for but would be better off each month by about £350

I prefer the latter saving you over 4k a year but surely worth lifting that budget a bit!

or

How many miles a year are you doing.....that drives the decision

Or if you have a good credit rating £300/m bank loan at say 20% apr over three years could borrow 8k ish and get a good car which should last for years.

Obviously could reduce amount, term etc and if interest is cheaper will affect things but it's another option .

Or if you have a good credit rating £300/m bank loan at say 20% apr over three years could borrow 8k ish and get a good car which should last for years.

Obviously could reduce amount, term etc and if interest is cheaper will affect things but it's another option .

That sounds like a terrible deal.

How many miles a year are you doing.....that drives the decision

12000 max

that's a bit steep but I know where you are coming from

Back