Seating & social distancing at Stadium of Light. whats coming ?

• Thread starter Deleted member 47649
  • Start date
I like the 20 or 25% capacity idea as a starter to getting back.

Season tickets holders that have renewed, with premier concourse opened for more space.

I thinks it's definitely doable in the seats themselves.

But in all honesty I think the bars and food areas will have to be closed, the concourse area under stands just becomes a spaced queue system for a reduced capacity toilets etc

Well Leicester, Doncaster and MK being reported as having large number of new cases. Sky news reporting 36 areas of concern..... So yeah not looking too clever.

Sunderland predictably on that list.
During the time Leicester had 600 cases we had 6. We are on that list because we have had a cumulative high number not because of current risk . It’s really lazy reporting

Well Leicester, Doncaster and MK being reported as having large number of new cases. Sky news reporting 36 areas of concern..... So yeah not looking too clever.

Sunderland predictably on that list.

I don't see sunderland on that Sky News list. Am looking in the right place ?

20 seats apart minimum, piss where you stand, bring your own packed lunch. Half time draw and two fans running around to score moved to Roker beach. Staggered leave from 4.30pm at 2 minute intervals.

During the time Leicester had 600 cases we had 6. We are on that list because we have had a cumulative high number not because of current risk . It’s really lazy reporting
It's not lazy at all.... The tier two test results are not being included in the current figures for Sunderland and the real figure will be much higher. As seen in Leicester.
I don't see sunderland on that Sky News list. Am looking in the right place ?
No you're not going blind. Looks like the article has been updated since the original and they are contacting the individual areas to confirm figures.

Last edited:
Talking to a employee of a Championship club yesterday.
Still very much up in the air with many proposals from firstly making it home fans only and to no refreshments.
Whilst Police costs could be reduced, without doubt stewards will be required to control crowd movement within the stadium.
He was at a Championship game at the weekend and described it as a truly awful experience without the crowd. This though is more about survival right now with the income wells almost dry.
It’s just awful.......

I doubt fans will be allowed into grounds next season. Can see a second wave hitting the UK soon

Aye, it will be that G4 pork virus next.
For anyone in the South Stand who wants one, I can get you a Rolton K500 bluetooth loudspeaker microphone voice amplifier booster megaphone speaker thingy for about ten pounds a pop. Made in China. Top quality. Perfect for chanting under a mask. Catches every whisper, grumble or obscenity. Available in home and away colours.
Logon or register to see this image
Logon or register to see this image

A-M surnames attend home matches 1,3,5,7, etc.

N-Z surnames attend home matches 2,4,6,8, etc.

Lottery for the play-off final.

Last edited:
It's not lazy at all.... The tier two test results are not being included in the current figures for Sunderland and the real figure will be much higher. As seen in Leicester.

No you're not going blind. Looks like the article has been updated since the original and they are contacting the individual areas to confirm figures.
There were two cases in both tiers recorded between 6th and 23rd June . It’s lazy and irresponsible

What will next seasons seating arrangements be at the SOL ? . Maybe time to ditch the seats at roker end ? Probably.. singing banned, bars closed and what about half time toilet maybe you can book an appointment ?. Social distancing Nightmare ! Good luck with that one Mr Rodwell
Bring your own beer and Wear a nappy... No need for the bog!

Back