Season ticket renewals

I actually think it's been higher than that. They've been claiming 40/41/42k crowds since Xmas but in reality the number has been low 30s. Obviously they are giving out the amount of tickets sold or at least issued, which is standard practice, but in some cases, especially midweek, the disparity has clearly been in excess of 10k.

There's not a cat in hell chance there's only been between 30-33,000 at midweek games. It wouldn't have been 40-42,000 which is tickets sold but easily 36-38,000.

Just received this email from them…..

Dear Supporter,

You may have recently received a booking confirmation regarding the renewal of your seat(s) for the 2024-25 season.

However, we recognise that you may have contacted us or opted out online to cancel your season ticket for the upcoming campaign.

Although we have processed this, we had left your seat available for renewal in hope you may change your mind and renew before the deadline of the 3 May.

Whilst we were completing our renewals, your seat may have been picked up in the process which is why you received the confirmation email.

If you do still not wish to renew, please provide your Supporter ID and email address by clicking here and we will ensure you are not renewed. You are able to add any Supporter ID’s linked to your booking that you wish to cancel. If you would like to keep your seat for next season, you do not need to take any further action and you will receive a payment confirmation soon.

Apologies if you may have to confirm the cancellation again and for any inconvenience caused as a result.

Sunderland AFC

What an experience just to cancel a ticket man 😂
No different to a broadband supplier trying to hang on to your sub.

Just received this email from them…..

Dear Supporter,

You may have recently received a booking confirmation regarding the renewal of your seat(s) for the 2024-25 season.

However, we recognise that you may have contacted us or opted out online to cancel your season ticket for the upcoming campaign.

Although we have processed this, we had left your seat available for renewal in hope you may change your mind and renew before the deadline of the 3 May.

Whilst we were completing our renewals, your seat may have been picked up in the process which is why you received the confirmation email.

If you do still not wish to renew, please provide your Supporter ID and email address by clicking here and we will ensure you are not renewed. You are able to add any Supporter ID’s linked to your booking that you wish to cancel. If you would like to keep your seat for next season, you do not need to take any further action and you will receive a payment confirmation soon.

Apologies if you may have to confirm the cancellation again and for any inconvenience caused as a result.

Sunderland AFC

What an experience just to cancel a ticket man 😂

Got that too. It's more than a faff, it's actually incredibly deceitful and piss poor.
No different to a broadband supplier trying to hang on to your sub.

Do broadband suppliers give you clear instructions on how to cancel, which you do and then don't bother cancelling you anyway? And then tell you, we lied, that's not really how you cancel?

Consumer law is not my bag but wouldn't be surprised if they've breached something here.

Last edited:
Got that too. It's more than a faff, it's actually incredibly deceitful and piss poor.
Tbh I would say, things like this the club should have been doing for years, retaining supporters and recruiting new support...by hook or by crook get people supporting the club..sly marketing and making you feel valuable

Atmosphere has been utterly abysmal this season. Worst ever. Fans are bored. Everyone's just turing up out of some sense of duty and going through the motions. You look round and people are messing around on their phones or chatting to those sitting next to them. The match is secondary.

We moved from our usual seats for the Blackburn match to the North Stand as the nephew had complementary tickets there and noticed that for the entire duration of the match, well the 85 mins we stuck it out, we never heard a single chant from our own fans. Only singing we heard was from the away fans above. Pretty sad really.

Still think the whole mags debacle, handing them the North Stand, the whole BCB carry on etc will come back to bite them on the arse and they'll lose SC holders through that as well.

That whole debacle will haunt this ownership. It was a PR disaster and foolishly they just hoped folk would forget.

I said this at the time but even when we were utter shite under Murray and Short, I still felt that they had the fan’s backs. This set though, couldn’t give a shit. The second the draw was made, they just wanted to cash in

For the last 3 seasons Ive paid up front.

Received the E_mail about one month ago inviting renewal. Went into my account and at that time it gave me facility to renew but I thought Id wait a few weeks before actually renewing

Went into account today and no facility shown to do this.

Phoned ticket office and they told me Id already renewed and Direct Debit had been set up 1st payment due 1st May. I informed them I had not actioned this and for the last 3 seasons had been paying up front (prior to that I was paying by D/D0

I told her I had not received any information about this, no details were shown in my account, and wanted to pay up front.

She said their must be a system glitch, would cancel D/D today, and after 24 hours have elapsed should be able to renew on line!

I'll wait and see what happens.

Will report back on here
Im pleased to say this has now been rectified

Did you renew onlline or have to phone?
On line. The option to renew my season ticket is now shown in my account. This option wasn't there yesterday. The girl I spoke to on the phone yesterday, after I'd explained the problem told me it would take 24 hrs to rectify and thankfully she was right. If it's not showing in your account I suggest you phone them

There's not a cat in hell chance there's only been between 30-33,000 at midweek games. It wouldn't have been 40-42,000 which is tickets sold but easily 36-38,000.

Well Nick Barnes said it looked around 32k v Blackburn the other week and they announced 42,019. Now Nick Barnes has arguably the best seat in the house when it comes to looking around the stadium and there won't be many people who been to more games at the SoL than him so I'd be inclined to go with his guess over yours.

Well Nick Barnes said it looked around 32k v Blackburn the other week and they announced 42,019. Now Nick Barnes has arguably the best seat in the house when it comes to looking around the stadium and there won't be many people who been to more games at the SoL than him so I'd be inclined to go with his guess over yours.
He’s got the best seat in the house when it comes to looking around the stadium? What, right at the very top of our biggest stand which means he hasn’t got a good view at all of the rest of the West Stand below him? :lol:
Aye it’s absolute bollocks to think it’s been lower 30s mind.

I've had an email confirming my new direct debit (changed bank) at the rate of adult + child. So hopefully all sorted even though my own SAFC ticketing account shows no active subs.

Back