Season ticket rebates.

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 31333

I was listening to the not 20 podcast, Monday’s episode with Matt Slater as a guest (Decent connections in the EFL) and he was saying that the main reason why Ipswich wanted to get their games on was because of the cost of the season ticket rebates, something that the club would seemingly struggle to pay, the owner Marcus Evans has put limited to no money in down there for years and is happy for it to plod along by all accounts.

I know that our goal is promotion but could this further cost be a major reason why we are desperate to get some games on so that we can offer a free stream as part of the season cards. By Matt Slaters understanding Jim Rodwell was apparently by far the loudest in the call too.

So my question is, if that’s our season done as of now, would you expect a refund for the remaining games?/Would you accept the refund if offered?

I don't think many would demand a refund, certainly I wouldn't. In theory though, aye, the offer probably should be made and some probably would demand it. You sign up for a season expecting 23 home games for your money and instead we get 19. Mind, if SAFC were ready and willing to get the games on maybe its the EFL that should pay out if they're so happy to let other clubs choose to curtail it.

I'm a lot more interested in next season though, the wording of the statement suggested the club might still ask us to renew with only the promise of streams until we can attend. Some pay a lot for their season cards and wouldn't accept that and I don't think anyone who doesn't spend up front should risk losing their seat. Streams should be sold match by match, and season cards only sold once they have as definitive an answer as possible regarding how much of next season we'll actually be able to attend

I don't think many would demand a refund, certainly I wouldn't. In theory though, aye, the offer probably should be made and some probably would demand it. You sign up for a season expecting 23 home games for your money and instead we get 19. Mind, if SAFC were ready and willing to get the games on maybe its the EFL that should pay out if they're so happy to let other clubs choose to curtail it.

I'm a lot more interested in next season though, the wording of the statement suggested the club might still ask us to renew with only the promise of streams until we can attend. Some pay a lot for their season cards and wouldn't accept that and I don't think anyone who doesn't spend up front should risk losing their seat. Streams should be sold match by match, and season cards only sold once they have as definitive an answer as possible regarding how much of next season we'll actually be able to attend
As usual I agree with all that.

I don’t want any money back, they can keep it, but I think I’m going to call it a day with the club. I will have lost all interest in a few months time. I’m not watching a stream.

Despite my opposition to the owners, for the benefit of the club I'd not seek a refund and would still take out my ST next season.

I'm able to do that though and I couldn't form a really convincing argument as to why others shouldn't seek a refund.

Pretty much my sentiments.
I care not a jot about this season’s, as most probably don’t.
And even though I haven’t earned a penny for 2 months, I’ll be happy for my money to go towards the club next season, if it helps us stay afloat.
But I fully understand anyone who doesn’t.
Hopefully they’ll give all fans the option (depending on what happens with the EFL) without losing out on loyalty over the last several years.

I think they'll offer to deduct it from the cost of a 2020/21 season ticket, or a voucher for the shop. Obviously they'll try not to repay it.
I can see a huge number less season tickets next season though.

Despite my opposition to the owners, for the benefit of the club I'd not seek a refund and would still take out my ST next season.

I'm able to do that though and I couldn't form a really convincing argument as to why others shouldn't seek a refund.

With you on the refund but not renewing.

3 home games left, I’ve got a adult and an under 22 one, what will that work out at £80 ish, they can keep that for me, no way am I renewing if we can’t actually go to the games, I’d probably pay £5 per stream no more, I can get the streams already for £7 a month, but I’d rather pay for official club ones.

This is a force majeure surely? Don't think people can reasonably expect a refund for the last 4 home games of the season.

If the games do get played, the club should give those fans free streaming access as a gesture of goodwill.

Back