Season ticket rebates.

• Thread starter Deleted member 31333
  • Start date
Most clubs outside the Premier League will be. Our hardcore is bigger than anything outside the top 2 leagues though.
Let’s hope it works to our advantage then.
if we can the last of the big earners out of the door and get a good level of season ticket streamers there should be nothing to stop us in this league.

Surely you won’t lose a seat you’ve likely had for years because you don’t subscribe to a steaming option? Your seat should be held regardless until attending matches is an option.
They can keep the money they owe me as a deposit on my seat.

You'd certainly hope not. I'm hoping I just misread the intention of the statement when Rodwell said :

"It is unfortunate that supporters are extremely unlikely to be able to attend our remaining fixtures, but the streaming infrastructure in place at all EFL clubs ensures that we are in a position to fulfil any obligations, both moral and contractual, to our stakeholders.

Like all League One clubs, we therefore have a duty to do so.

We are committed to streaming our remaining home matches for free to all season card holders and this would be extended should the 2020-21 season start behind closed doors."

Its the last sentence that isn't clear. He's obviously suggesting that if games continued they'd stream the matches to the season card holders and he feels that would meet their contractual obligations (and most I think would accept it) but then says it would extend should next season start behind closed doors. It reads as if they'll keep giving season card holders access, but for that to be the case we'd have had to renew or we wouldn't be season card holders any more! Like I say, hopefully I'm just getting the wrong end of the stick; don't think they can expect people to renew when there's no indication of when (or if) we'll be able to attend. I'd expect to pay for streams match by match and then they can announce season card prices once they know how many games it'll cover!

Surely you won’t lose a seat you’ve likely had for years because you don’t subscribe to a steaming option? Your seat should be held regardless until attending matches is an option.
They can keep the money they owe me as a deposit on my seat.
You'll have a choice of about 40,000 bloody seats next season man, this is going to be a defining moment in the history of our club where a lot of diehards decide that enough's enough ! FTM

you're quite possibly right,personally i can't see nxt season starting at all,there's just to many questions and unto now very few answers about the bastad virus,the premier league should be fukn ashamed for what they're doing

There is too much money at stake at PL level for them not to try and restart mate. Plus the Govt can see the benefits of PL football to lift spirts etc.

At our pathetic level, we are fucked.

Until recent events regarding the 20 million I'd have been happy to leave the money with the club, right now if offered the refund I think I'd accept n donate to charity, as for next seasons direct debits we'll after over 30 years I'm seriously thinking of calling it a day thanks to the owners, I really wish they would just fuck off, I don't want to abandon my club because off southern chancer wankers but I don't want to give them another penny. I'm not even sure I want to give parkinson any support either, f***ing embarrassing

You'd certainly hope not. I'm hoping I just misread the intention of the statement when Rodwell said :

"It is unfortunate that supporters are extremely unlikely to be able to attend our remaining fixtures, but the streaming infrastructure in place at all EFL clubs ensures that we are in a position to fulfil any obligations, both moral and contractual, to our stakeholders.

We are committed to streaming our remaining home matches for free to all season card holders and this would be extended should the 2020-21 season start behind closed doors."

Its the last sentence that isn't clear. He's obviously suggesting that if games continued they'd stream the matches to the season card holders and he feels that would meet their contractual obligations (and most I think would accept it) but then says it would extend should next season start behind closed doors. It reads as if they'll keep giving season card holders access, but for that to be the case we'd have had to renew or we wouldn't be season card holders any more! Like I say, hopefully I'm just getting the wrong end of the stick; don't think they can expect people to renew when there's no indication of when (or if) we'll be able to attend. I'd expect to pay for streams match by match and then they can announce season card prices once they know how many games it'll cover!

The only way I’d renew on that basis would be at vastly reduce cost, but on the basis that the DDs would be amended should we actually start going to games again. I would like to think the club will make an announcement on this next week so I can work out whether to cancel the DD or not.

I don’t want my money back as this is the clubs fault. I’m not prepared to commit to next season until I Know what that’s going to look like

Interesting how views seem to have changed on this. Last time I saw this discussed I had non season ticket holders criticising me for saying I would accept a refund on mine, as the club could go under.

I still would accept a refund - happy for the invoice to be sent to Madrox.

Interesting how views seem to have changed on this. Last time I saw this discussed I had non season ticket holders criticising me for saying I would accept a refund on mine, as the club could go under.

I still would accept a refund - happy for the invoice to be sent to Madrox.

Madrox. Every time I see this name I just think of the absolute skulduggery going on. Just enrages me. Plus the fact that some are happy to use it as a blatent use of dodgey accounting to excuse the financial intentions of those who own it. It's all just f***ing horrible. Smoke mirrors and financial scum.
ST rebate tone has changed like. Fuck them. I was more than happy to write it off but nah, will push for it now.

If they expect folk to cough up in full for ST & just streaming matches up to say November then it'll just be half ST for me.

Back