Search function

I've had no search button for a good few weeks now. I'm a contributor and have turned my adblocker off for the site on my pc (which is where I use the site 90% of the time) yet nee joy.

Is there a secret word? (Please?)

I think I have worked out what has happened.

You were running an ad-blocker when you registered as a contributor - and your account was flagged as such then.

Once you are a contributor, neither ads, nor the ad-blocking detection code is run again - unfortunately the detection code is also what flags you as no longer running an ad-blocker....so that never happened!

I have changed that flag on your account now, so hopefully everything will work again, but I wouldn't be surprised if other people have fallen foul of this and I need to check for that and sort it out properly.

Can you confirm that search is working again for you now please?

I think I have worked out what has happened.

You were running an ad-blocker when you registered as a contributor - and your account was flagged as such then.

Once you are a contributor, neither ads, nor the ad-blocking detection code is run again - unfortunately the detection code is also what flags you as no longer running an ad-blocker....so that never happened!

I have changed that flag on your account now, so hopefully everything will work again, but I wouldn't be surprised if other people have fallen foul of this and I need to check for that and sort it out properly.

Can you confirm that search is working again for you now please?
Looks to be working now - cheers!

Back