Seaham Red Star v SAFC u 23's tonight.

There's a beck, runs down the West of Westlea estate, thro' Milldale, under the main road at the Mill Inn (very near the Red Star ground) and on thro' Woodlands to the sea.
I know this to be true, i was born in a council house in Westlea.

Good Evening Gerald.
I remember it - I used to have to cross the tiny little bridge to get to a GF's house - don't know if the bridge is still there though.

When and where will be the final?

Been at Hetton for a good few years, but Donald let the Durham FA use the SOL last season (which is as it should be in my opinion, we are the senior side in the Durham FA and have by far the most prestigeous venue. The Northumberland final is always played at St James for e.g.).

As we are in the final I assume we will offer them the use of the SOL again and can't see Spenny objecting.

Its been played on good Friday morning when it was at Hetton, but doubt they will repeat that with Sunderland away to Wimbledon that day.

The young lads were fortunate to be ahead at half time tonight and although we played better in the second half, Seaham can consider themselves a bit unlucky to go out. It was a hell of lot closer than the 4-2 scoreline suggests.

Last edited:
Been at Hetton for a good few years, but Donald let the Durham FA use the SOL last season (which is as it should be in my opinion, we are the senior side in the Durham FA and have by far the most prestigeous venue. The Northumberland final is always played at St James for e.g.).

As we are in the final I assume we will offer them the use of the SOL again and can't see Spenny objecting.

Its been played on good Friday morning when it was at Hetton, but doubt they will repeat that with Sunderland away to Wimbledon that day.
Cheers

Back