Seaham mum on how she plans to spend £1million she won playing online bingo

The chances of winning a £500k payout will be a few million to one. Let's say 20 million. Due to all the other prizes they pay out. The chances of doing it twice are 20 m x 20 m. That is 400 billion.
So £400 spent would make it billion to one.
If the tickets are 10 quid each then it could be 55,000 to one

I have worked on an account where the lass won 240k on sky bet, and wanted some financial guidance.

I looked at the account and she had put 60k back on sky bet in a week, sure enough it was gone in 3 month.

Seaham mum on how she plans to spend £1million she won playing online bingo

Might be being a bit pessimistic here, but I reckon it'll be all gone inside a year.

If I won a million quid, I'd keep quiet about it and get it invested. Not tell the world and start splurging.

Your not going to have a millionaires lifestyle on a win like that, but a decent investment could give you £3000+ a month in interest and you still have your million.
Ah fair play to her, from that very brief article it sounds like she’s got her heart in the right place. Good on her, hope she enjoys it

The chances of winning a £500k payout will be a few million to one. Let's say 20 million. Due to all the other prizes they pay out. The chances of doing it twice are 20 m x 20 m. That is 400 billion.
So £400 spent would make it billion to one.

That would be 400 trillion but that's assuming she bought a single card in two successive games; I doubt that's the case although the odds would still be astronomical.

Crazy to be on universal credit and waiting for a payment then to put that amount on any type of bet but hope she enjoys every last penny. Paid for her dads house and her daughters ivf, there’s far worse to spend on. Seems like a good enough egg, all the best to her.
Have to say that I agree with you here. If I was on UC then it’s meant for the essential things. Not for online bingo. But as you say, good luck to her. Hope she has the sense to make it last and more importantly make it grow.

Back