Seaham food festival

1st day cancelled -
Ah right. Still, the whole thing was cancelled - wasn't the original claim here that one celeb didn't turn up due to the weather. Those 2 things aren't really the same.
Anyway, 2nd day was sunny as owt, and the celebs turned up and did all the shows. It was great, if a little packed out.

Although now I see why it was so packed - 2 day thing compressed into 1.

Got far too busy last time. Could barely move. Need to spread it out more.
Aye. Was f***ing daft. Weather forecast second day was lush mind after the first day was effectively rained off. Must be spread out more this time even more so due to coveeeed.
Best thing I ate was a footlong fancy hotdog covered in all sorts: tremendous.

It's some achievement to be ten years late in copying an idea off Bishop Auckland.
Again, this falls into "just because we should have done it before, its not a reason to not do it now" bucket.

Also, what goes on in Bishop Auckland isn't something that East Durham thinks about very often. tbh, I don't even think of Bish as "local"

Again, this falls into "just because we should have done it before, its not a reason to not do it now" bucket.

Also, what goes on in Bishop Auckland isn't something that East Durham thinks about very often. tbh, I don't even think of Bish as "local"
Whether you did or not, someone did.

Do you think Bish is the only place that's done this sort of thing like?

I've been to a fair few around the country.
No, my post was partly in response to the silly "best town in England" "one in the eye for the town" comments. It's a nice day out I'm sure, but it doesn't suddenly make Seaham into some cultural mecca.

No, my post was partly in response to the silly "best town in England" "one in the eye for the town" comments. It's a nice day out I'm sure, but it doesn't suddenly make Seaham into some cultural mecca.
Seaham is the best town in the world because it’s seaham, not because of a daft food festival mate ;)

ah, I didn't think that post was linked to that chatter. Seaham has done a canny job of polishing the turd though, you gotta give it to them :)

Anyone been? Despite living less than a mile away I haven’t been again 😬 walked past with the dog lastnight and the set up looked good like

Anyone been? Despite living less than a mile away I haven’t been again 😬 walked past with the dog lastnight and the set up looked good like

Was there yesterday, really good set up. Had a few things on for kids this time which helped. Weather kept of champion too. Great to have something like that I could just mosey on down to at my leisure

Was there yesterday, really good set up. Had a few things on for kids this time which helped. Weather kept of champion too. Great to have something like that I could just mosey on down to at my leisure
Really meant to go, but everything's been so busy lately that we just couldn't arrange it.

Plus, the weather is dogshit today.

Went today about 2pm. Lot of places sold out ffs! Bought an average Cornish pasty for £3.50, spicy sausage on a stick £2 which was nice (they had no buns left). Pint of pale ale £5 average. My son got a chicken shawarma £8 which was ok. All in all canny little event, the stage down the hill was a bit daft as no one knew it was there.

Went today about 2pm. Lot of places sold out ffs! Bought an average Cornish pasty for £3.50, spicy sausage on a stick £2 which was nice (they had no buns left). Pint of pale ale £5 average. My son got a chicken shawarma £8 which was ok. All in all canny little event, the stage down the hill was a bit daft as no one knew it was there.
So you went on day 2 of 2, with 2 hours to go?

:lol:

Back