Seaburn Stack

Had gyros from a few places similar to Acropolis in the stack and they've all been the same. Had one in Athens a couple of year ago and it was shit. :lol:

Been down to stack a couple of times on a Sunday afternoon now. The queue hasn't been too bad. Not too long to wait for food or drinks. Wouldn't fancy being sat in the roofless part if it started to rain mind.

Quite an eye opener as to how many people eat out, this thread. Seems to be part of people’s daily/weekly routine. Are these meals you’re going out for, or just a cheeky kebab to kill some time?

Quite an eye opener as to how many people eat out, this thread. Seems to be part of people’s daily/weekly routine. Are these meals you’re going out for, or just a cheeky kebab to kill some time?
The times we've been down are cos I'm going crackers stuck in the house 20 odd hours a day working from home and need to get out for a bit. Nice wander around the beach with the bairn and pop in for some food and a drink.

Now been about 4 times n all but once it was bloody cold.
The wind n rain coming from the west into the stack is awful.
The heat from burners is blown away so it needs sorting out .
Perspex barriers might help to shield from wind and could ve moved to either side depending on wind direction.
We like the place and hope it works but I will only be going in when its not windy.

You’re shocked that people eat outside the house?
So often I mean. I still go by the philosophy from when we were nippers - eating out is for special occasions, birthdays and that. Rarely go for a sitty down meal.
Perspex barriers might help to shield from wind and could ve moved to either side depending on wind direction.
We like the place and hope it works but I will only be going in when its not windy.
Said this from the start. The location is only good in the warmer months. We ended up going to the Roker and sitting in that bit they’ve got with windows all round it to stop the wind and heaters blasting.

Last edited:
Doesn't rhyme.

So often I mean. I still go by the philosophy from when we were nippers - eating out is for special occasions, birthdays and that. Rarely go for a sitty down meal.
What’s the point in having restaurants and eateries if they’re only used for special occasions?
Even when was a kid we ate out twice a week as a family even aunties and uncles used to come.

What’s the point in having restaurants and eateries if they’re only used for special occasions?
Even when was a kid we ate out twice a week as a family even aunties and uncles used to come.

Agreed. This is why people complain about our city centre being shit but then don’t use it. Businesses only stay open if they are used.

This is why city centres where people work and live in the city centre are more successful, as it’s convenient to eat out.

I must admit when I was brought up we rarely ate out but understand that we need to eat out to support business or risk losing it.

Agreed. This is why people complain about our city centre being shit but then don’t use it. Businesses only stay open if they are used.

This is why city centres where people work and live in the city centre are more successful, as it’s convenient to eat out.

I must admit when I was brought up we rarely ate out but understand that we need to eat out to support business or risk losing it.
Close business and retail parks outside of city centre and move all to centre locations and the place would thrive.
Was like a family outing for us all used to be 10ish twice a week. Always a pub type place. Only place I can remember names of we went are the poachers pocket and the Britannia which used to be all little types of houses inside you sat in.

It’s too expensive when you have multiple kids. Our food budget is £200 a month . If you eat out once a week you’ve blown half that at least.
Same reason I take my own dinner to work. The lads who buy it off the van spend a fiver a day easy.

Last edited:
To be fair to Herbal we rarely went out to eat when we were kids either. Although that probably had as much to do with our boy being a little shit and me encouraging him as it did with being skint.

The bairn wound me up yesterday not eating his duck wrap mind. He went on and on about getting one then left it after a few bites. Don't think I'd even tried duck until I was in my twenties and he was sat there twisting about it tasting different to last week. It'll be home made pork sarnies and some flat Panda pop for him next time.

To be fair to Herbal we rarely went out to eat when we were kids either. Although that probably had as much to do with our boy being a little shit and me encouraging him as it did with being skint.

The bairn wound me up yesterday not eating his duck wrap mind. He went on and on about getting one then left it after a few bites. Don't think I'd even tried duck until I was in my twenties and he was sat there twisting about it tasting different to last week. It'll be home made pork sarnies and some flat Panda pop for him next time.
Spot on this. I don’t ever recall eating out as a kid. More so the skintness thing.

My kid is the same now with eating, I could throttle her sometimes. 😂

Back