Seaburn Stack

I think that’s the whole point of it being temporary. It’s good to see them trying tbf. The existing pubs and restaurants are busy all year around down there so no reason for this place not to be.
As for pulling people in from other areas that remains to be seen.

Didn't realise it was temporary.

Through this was a full time, long term thing.

Heineken and Hop House, not exactly worth going for. Also read somewhere that there is going to be a dog groomers in there as well. Wonder if the stall has a closed front coz I wouldn't fancy sitting in the wind, drinking pissy lager whilst picking dog hair out of my pint.

Heineken and Hop House, not exactly worth going for. Also read somewhere that there is going to be a dog groomers in there as well. Wonder if the stall has a closed front coz I wouldn't fancy sitting in the wind, drinking pissy lager whilst picking dog hair out of my pint.
Aye thats what i thought. Didnt seem to be a lot of variety drinks wise mind

Yeah the key difference to the one at Newcastle, is at Newcastle you will have people just going there for it as well as loads of passing trade just dropping in, as in town centre, where the Seaburn one you would imagine just going there for that which could be great in the summer, but who would be knocking about in the winter as passing trade very little I would imagine.

There's plenty of businesses on the seafront and they all seem to manage.

There's no way that that place will get the footfall necessary to support all of those businesses.

White elephant in the making imo

If we keep assuming that we shouldn't build anything in Sunderland "because nobody will come" then things are never going to change here.

It's a cycle of negativity. The image of the city is not going to change until we push for things which question conventional thinking.

Our seafront is a huge asset and we should be pushing to steal the Tyneside crowd from Whitley Bay, Shields etc.

There's no way that that place will get the footfall necessary to support all of those businesses.

White elephant in the making imo
That’s the spirit!

And it’s exactly this attitude and doubt that are nails into the coffins of many a Sunderland business.

This will be part of every dog walk down the beach now, and although it’s not often I get out on an evening, it will definitely be a destination I will head too.

Support it or lose it, it’s as simple as that!

That’s the spirit!

And it’s exactly this attitude and doubt that are nails into the coffins of many a Sunderland business.

This will be part of every dog walk down the beach now, and although it’s not often I get out on an evening, it will definitely be a destination I will head too.

Support it or lose it, it’s as simple as that!
I thoughts exactly

Too many people quick to say theres nowt in Sunderland and then they venture further afield and spend their money in other places economies at the same type of places available in Sunderland

Back