Seaburn All Weather Shelter

Last edited:

Unfortunately for the nimbys is far too late in the day to protest against it being converted, as planning permission was approved in 2019, and the council are currently in process of finding a tenant.

That's just for the change of use, it will need listed building consent as well. I don't understand the argument against it though.

I dont want it pulled down at all.Stop posting nonsense.I want its character preserving as an all weather Shelter like over 1000 others do.
Your only interest in it is as a means to have a go at Sunderland council. The people signing it are coffin dodgers who don't want Seaburn and Roker to become the vibrant places they can be. They liked their quiet beach with little to do but sit in a shelter and smile at each other.

OP has done well here
I agree with him. It’s a free space to take shelter, it serves a community purpose. It wasn’t designed to be a dreary hipster restaurant.

There are lots of traders already offering a range of food and drink on the Seaburn / Roker seafront.

May as well make some use of it given it’s perfect location, there’s loads of footfall around that area in all weathers so it seems a complete waste as it is now. As it’s listed it’ll have to retain its current look and features as well, so at least it’ll have some character. Somewhere like the Flamingo Cafe in Seaham harbour that does healthy fast food would be ideal (personally speaking), it’s class that place and seems to do well despite being small and Seaburn/Roker already has enough chippies and coffee shops for me. That said owt will be better than nowt.

I agree with him. It’s a free space to take shelter, it serves a community purpose. It wasn’t designed to be a dreary hipster restaurant.

There are lots of traders already offering a range of food and drink on the Seaburn / Roker seafront.
Is hipster your buzzword ?
May as well make some use of it given it’s perfect location, there’s loads of footfall around that area in all weathers so it seems a complete waste as it is now. As it’s listed it’ll have to retain its current look and features as well, so at least it’ll have some character. Somewhere like the Flamingo Cafe in Seaham harbour that does healthy fast food would be ideal (personally speaking), it’s class that place and seems to do well despite being small and Seaburn/Roker already has enough chippies and coffee shops for me. That said owt will be better than nowt.
Nice boozer with massive decking outdoor area on seaside side be ideal imo. Sit watch world go by with a few beers.

Last edited:

Back