Seaburn All Weather Shelter

A Betty's type tea room would be lovely.
Great name for it
The picky tea
better than the fried green tomatoes at the tram stop cafe
He was like aye.

Bloody hell
Social worker!!!

Last edited:
A councillor wouldn't be foolish enough to do anonymous campaigning and mud slinging in the run up to an election because the Electoral Commission take a dim view of it.
A previous candidate had to leave the board after falling foul of this.
It would be a rather silly candidate who thought he was clever enough to hide his identity, no matter how much he looks down on the electorate.

youre just another one of those Labour sheep aren’t you. 🙃🙃🙃🙃😂

Great name for it
The picky tea
better than the fried green tomatoes at the tram stop cafe

Bloody hell
Social worker!!!
Dinnar if it's him like, but was living in Durham though.

The more I think about it though, the more social worker makes sense.....from poacher to gamekeeper and all that

The more I think about it though, the more social worker makes sense.....from poacher to gamekeeper and all that
I knew who he was at school, the place was full of loons back then.

Unusual name might be h

this is him
Unusual name might be h

this is him
Living in darlo

Last edited:
On the picky tea front, we had tapas tonight. It looked like nowt but I'm stuffed:
  • Anchovies
  • Olives
  • Chorizo
  • Patatas Bravas
  • Sun dried tomatoes
  • Non-sweet sugar puff efforts
  • Salami
  • Prosciutto
  • Spanish Omelette
  • Flat bread
Maybe that's what this place should be... a tapas bar. Give it a catchy name like "Nimby's"?

Last edited:
Ok.You are obviously the type like the other Labour sheep who like Sunderland being a hollow city.You do realise many outsiders call my hometown/city a shit hole.Iwouldnt go that far but believe it should be a much better place than what it is.It is nowhere near to being the very best version of itself.Your type and a few of the other Labour sheep numpties obviously enjoy second rate,unambitious,unvusionary development,regeneration,etc.Probably have low personal aspirations for yourself and the city you live in unfortunately.The historical building serves a purpose and has done for years.It is already in use.All it needs is a bit of TLC and its historical function maintained.
First off, i'm not having a go.
I'm what you term an outsider.
Sunderland ( and i've been many times) just seems to be like most large towns/Cities - decent parts and not so decent parts - nowt flash but ok.

Sort of understand where you're coming from about keeping the shelter, but i have to say looking at both street view and the plans for the shelter, the plan looks great to me.
It keeps (most of) the original look and features, but turns it into a focal point where visitors can stop off for a coffee etc.

I'd say it's a good bit of forward thinking in using a historic feature , and bringing it into the 21st century, at least they're trying to cater for visitors etc, without just ripping it down or leaving it fall to bits.
The labour council that havent had a budget increase in 14 years of conservative rule?
Great innit.
The Tories slag off Labour councils for doing nowt for their residents, yet it's all the labour (and Northern) councils that get their funding slashed by ....the Tories.

Last edited:

Back