Sea cities bbc2 now

It's not as bad as the episode of "Coast" that calimed that the shipbuilding industry in Sunderland failed because our yards were still rivetting ships. It was absolute fantasy. When they couldn't find any eldely riveters from Sunderland to interview (I wonder why?) they found some in Harlepool who had worked in the ship repair industry. It was total nonsense - the people who produced it must have never undertaken one minutes worth of research.

It's not as bad as the episode of "Coast" that calimed that the shipbuilding industry in Sunderland failed because our yards were still rivetting ships. It was absolute fantasy. When they couldn't find any eldely riveters from Sunderland to interview (I wonder why?) they found some in Harlepool who had worked in the ship repair industry. It was total nonsense - the people who produced it must have never undertaken one minutes worth of research.
They never do any research
The bbc had some roadshow thing for coast in the glass centre a few years ago talking about rocks and things
When I asked if they had been to look at the cannonballs rocks and would be telling people about them she looked at me as though I'd just come in on the bottom of her shoe
"Oh I don't know anything about them but they sound amazing"
And she was a geologist
Interesting to see what is said wrong on country file tonight

Thought it was about sea cities....not a river....ncastle isn't a sea city.

It is obvious "Sea City" refers to cities who made some success in sea based industries. And the river is integral to that. It would be hard to export over 1000 Nissan Juke's to Guatemala without it. It is not a literal term.

the Geordie nation and the sandancers love in

This is why the people of Newcastle resent Sunderland. You Mackems (And even though I am happiest in Sunderland & County Durham rather than Newcastle and it's rural partner Northumberland I am still in birth a Sanddancer) make everything an Us v Them issue. You seem to resent Newcastle or any part of Tyneside having the attention it receives. Why can't you be happy that the region is for an hour the focus of the national TV?

This is why the people of Newcastle resent Sunderland. You Mackems (And even though I am happiest in Sunderland & County Durham rather than Newcastle and it's rural partner Northumberland I am still in birth a Sanddancer) make everything an Us v Them issue. You seem to resent Newcastle or any part of Tyneside having the attention it receives. Why can't you be happy that the region is for an hour the focus of the national TV?

I agree. Port of Tyne is approx 65/35 red and white with a lot of mackems working there. It's a massive asset to the region and has absolutley nothing to do with Newcastle (other than being responsible for navagability of the river that runs by it and owning/operating the Swing Bridge).

It was that C UNT off scrap heap challenge talking shite iirc.

Absolute dog botherer

Although it must have been made about a year ago I thought that it was one of the most positive programmes about Sunderland that I have seen. It even showed people from outside the area (air show participants, bridge construction engineers and merchant seamen etc) who actually looked as if they liked to be there,

I liked Sister Mary - I have never come across her before . Although the ship that she visited was fairly decent she must have been aboard some dreadful tubs in her time where the crew had little or nothing. She's the sort of person who deserves to be honoured by the City

Although it must have been made about a year ago I thought that it was one of the most positive programmes about Sunderland that I have seen. It even showed people from outside the area (air show participants, bridge construction engineers and merchant seamen etc) who actually looked as if they liked to be there,

I liked Sister Mary - I have never come across her before . Although the ship that she visited was fairly decent she must have been aboard some dreadful tubs in her time where the crew had little or nothing. She's the sort of person who deserves to be honoured by the City
I thought it was excellent and showed our city in a good light.

Back