SD on Talksport Podcast this Thursday

H&J just said hes coming on again for a chat this afternoon
...It was actually Craig Hope from the Mail talking about him, reckons like most of us that SD has laid the seed in his podcast that hes stopping on for the long haul

Last edited:

Sacking people is nothing that hasnt been done extensively in the last 2 years, it created no I'll will among fans as they recognised it was needed.

It will take time and money, but a different type of money to that we have wasted in the last 2 years, considerably less.

He has been here no time at all but it is obvious that what he is trying to achieve is harmful to the club. Even if he gets what he wants which is promotion, it would be harmful to the club long term due to the way in which he is trying to achieve it.

You dont put a strategy into place when the time is right, it's the other way round.

The devil is in the details but the long term progression of a club is very different between a club that looks for promotion at all costs to one that focuses on improvement of all areas.

I bare the chap no I'll will what so ever, it's just him being in charge is effecting the next 10 years negatively. Football has changed over the last 15 years and there was an opportunity to be ahead of the curb, that has now gone and SD time could be responsible for falling behind it.
Getting relegated to third division was most harmful to academy, and enabled Liverpool and the like to take our best prospects.
Making us sustainable will be good in the long term but I always suspected it would not be a walk in the park getting promoted. Still fancied us for the play offs mind and maintain our squad was good enough.

Getting relegated to third division was most harmful to academy, and enabled Liverpool and the like to take our best prospects.
Making us sustainable will be good in the long term but I always suspected it would not be a walk in the park getting promoted. Still fancied us for the play offs mind and maintain our squad was good enough.

Dont disagree with that post but the loss of players has been wrongfully facilitated by the current owners, be that from liking the money involved or placing so little value on the youngsters that you get their names wrong.

This division has proven difficult but when you gear all your decisions on the short term, have by far the biggest budget and then still fail, that is extremely harmful to our long term progress.

Had they thought of the long term instead of squandering money on the short, we might have a future. As it is were shit in league one and planning to have someone else finance the current owner playing football chairman.

Back