SD backing PP for long term

andysafc24

Midfield
The 51-year-old is expected to lead the Black Cats into their League One clash with Blackpool this weekend, despite coming under pressure from supporters after a run of just two wins in 12 games.
In a Q&A with readers on our sister website, the Sunderland Echo, writer Phil Smith revealed that no change looks to be imminent in the dugout ahead of the visit of the Seasiders.
But he feels Stewart Donald will be monitoring some ‘major problems’ at the Stadium of Light.

“I fully expect Parkinson to be in charge for Saturday. It’s a big game, and Simon Grayson returning for the first time since his infamous sacking just minutes after the 3-3 draw with Bolton just adds another layer of intrigue.
“Generally speaking, Stewart Donald has backed Phil Parkinson significantly.
“He may have spoken about the need for a short-term lift and focused on the need for promotion this season, but he gave him a long contract, backed him to bring a new, extensive backroom staff, and has made plans for the upcoming January window.
“Put simply, he will be desperate for this to turn around.

Although the words did not come from SD himself, if this is some sort of vote of confidence that means he will be gone after Saturday’s game.

Last edited:

If he DOES manage to turn it around, get supporters back onside and get us up this season (arf) it will surely go down as the best comeback since Lazarus
99% of fans want him gone.
Will be the first home game where Im actually back in the north east that I wont be going to
Same. I'm back in NE for 3 weeks as of Sat. Be interesting to see how many games I actually end up going to. My Season Card feels like a waste this year

If he DOES manage to turn it around, get supporters back onside and get us up this season (arf) it will surely go down as the best comeback since Lazarus
99% of fans want him gone.

Same. I'm back in NE for 3 weeks as of Sat. Be interesting to see how many games I actually end up going to. My Season Card feels like a waste this year
I thought you guys were the self-proclaimed best supporters in the world and now you're not going to the games...….

Why are you on here?
Why shouldn't I be? A number of your supporters visit our forum and comment.
One of your guys is running our club into the ground.
He's obviously struggling but I don't believe it's deliberate and fans saying they are going to stay away from games is pretty pathetic imho. What's better a half empty ground or a fanbase that supports the team during the match even if there are subsequent protests at the way it is run after the match/in the local media?

Last edited:
I thought you guys were the self-proclaimed best supporters in the world and now you're not going to the games...….
When have we ever suggested we’re the best supporters world? We have a solid fan base, can’t blame anyone for not going after the false promises and the shit we’ve went through the last couple of years. Anyone suggesting otherwise, is a f***ing idiot.

Why shouldn't I be? A number of your supporters visit our forum and comment.

He's obviously struggling but I don't believe it's deliberate and fans saying they are going to stay away from games is pretty pathetic imho. What's better a half empty ground or a fanbase that supports the team during the match even if there are subsequent protests at the way it is run after the match/in the local media?
You come on just to have a pop ?

Will be the first home game where Im actually back in the north east that I wont be going to
Will be boxing day for me, first time back in the north east for a couple of months and have zero interest in the game. Really sad state of affairs how much interest the fanbase is losing the last 6 months. You only have to see away sales compared to last year to get the evidence alot of fans are sick to death of it.
Our average attendance this year is over double the size of your stadium man you f***ing spenk

Last edited:

Back