Scunthorpe

• Thread starter Deleted member 37458
  • Start date

Yep I’m there

I don’t recall us ever winning at Glanford Park

No one wins at Glanford Park..it's a shithole...really poorly designed for a modern ground..

Other than it's easy to get to, it hasn't got much selling it as an away trip.

And that pub up the road is stuck in the 1950s

Last edited:
I must be off my head, but I'm heading down there tomorrow. Who else?
I am not going as I have been physically unable to get to away games so far this season. my mate is going. He has not missed a Sunderland cup tie home or away in 32 years. Respect.
Safe and happy journey and I hope you get the result you want.
Most want us out of the cups but the forum will be on meltdown if we get beat.
And now it begins

I am fan a lottle longer than you and I never stop believing. There's all ways the next game for me.
Mate. two old codgers on a message board. And the question I'd ask after tonight is 'What happened next?' For me it suggested we may have not reached rock bottom yet.

:lol: are you sitting down marra?
I stopped watching the stream in the second half. It was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

As a fan for 60 years I'd thought I'd seen some lows...

New owners, new manager, new billionaire investors - we're turning the corner - hooray! Oh wait - round the corner there's a fecking big hole in the ground...

I stopped watching the stream in the second half. It was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

As a fan for 60 years I'd thought I'd seen some lows...

New owners, new manager, new billionaire investors - we're turning the corner - hooray! Oh wait - round the corner there's a fecking big hole in the ground...

it always makes me laugh that my first game was the gillingham relegation match at Roker. From then on it was always a case of onwards and upwards but now, I just see us being the new Blackpool

No one wins at Glanford Park..it's a shithole...really poorly designed for a modern ground..

Other than it's easy to get to, it hasn't got much selling it as an away trip.

And that pub up the road is stuck in the 1950s

Its 32 years old, hardly modern! But yes, its shocking both as a ground and regarding infrastructure.

I think the boozer you are talking about must be The Berkley - shut now because someone swore in there or summat and some plant from Sam Smiths head office grassed to the boss regarding this horrible 'offence'. https://www.grimsbytelegraph.co.uk/news/local-news/berkeley-hotel-closed-samuel-smith-2482511

Anyway, hope you all enjoyed your visit. Come back anytime, wins are a bit scarce for us, especially 3-0 thumpings, so you are more than welcome any time.

Back