Scumbags smashing car windows

Harbour Boy

Winger
Our lasses dad is a key worker, worked 10 days straight and was woken at 6:30 on his rare day off to find his car window has been smashed, nothing has been taken as their was nowt of note to pinch.

they can’t afford it yet but does anyone know how much it would take to get a new window?

also on the lookout for a cheap and decent cctv system.

Windows are usually covered on insurance and the excess is around £80 to £100.

Where was this? Scumbags.
Good to know, cheers.

It was in shotton,parked in the same spot for years with no issues and then this happens at the worst possible time.

I’ve just had a similar thing happen. They vandalised the car but never broke in. Made a right mess of the car while the owner is out helping people who most need it.

Trampy parents who can’t look after their kids are likely to blame. I wouldn’t normally say this but I sincerely hope they catch Covid and die.

Last edited:
On CCTV it’s just cost me around £280 for a decent system with x1 camera (Hikvision, Color-Vu)
Tried a few others prev, wish I’d gone with this system in the first place.
Has someone in your street got CCTV you could check ?

Happened to a poor lass in a Leicester village she was out helping people who were in isolation and car broke down, she noticed a group of kids hanging around and just said you should be at home. Had her tyres slashed for her trouble but worse was to follow
Windows smashed in 2nd attack on coronavirus volunteer's car

That's horrific - poor lass :(

Got the chancers going round here again trying car and house doors. Someone in a nearby street had her car stolen the other day. They'd opened the front door and taken the keys then driven her car away. She was in the house at the time.

It's been happening in my dad's village in Hampshire. Barely any crime there in years, but in the past week there's been a spate of cars having their windows smashed. Seems to be linked to one teen.

Windows of the bus shelter down at the Board Inn smashed in a few days ago. Makes you wonder what goes through the minds of these shitty little reprobates.

There is a bloke on twitter doing repairs for free. I actually thought he was making it up to make himself look good, but perhaps not based on your story.

I'll try and find his tweets

In these days of volunteering I'm surprised the Police haven't asked for help.

I'm sure they'd get help from people who would help these single crewed patrols to monitor people out and about at night.

Happened to a poor lass in a Leicester village she was out helping people who were in isolation and car broke down, she noticed a group of kids hanging around and just said you should be at home. Had her tyres slashed for her trouble but worse was to follow
Windows smashed in 2nd attack on coronavirus volunteer's car
Toerags smash Touareg.

Got the chancers going round here again trying car and house doors. Someone in a nearby street had her car stolen the other day. They'd opened the front door and taken the keys then driven her car away. She was in the house at the time.
It's a schoolboy error leaving car keys lying around mind, everyone's got to be aware that scum do this kind of thing, a key bowl by the front door is only of use for a wife swapping party ;)

We're to soft with kids these days, probably going to get loads of shit for this,but here we go.
I was a child of the 50s first thing you learned was if you don't play by the rules you get punished, our school had the cane and that's what you got across your arse, made you think twice.
If our local bobby caught you stepping out of line his size nine boot was what you got, no parents complained, put you on the right path early on.
Now we are more likely to buy little presents to bribe kids to be good, it's as much the fault of modern day parents (not all of them) as the kids.

Back