Scumbags in Dublin today.

If he means the day last June when the EDL, DFLA and veterans (a lot fall into each group unsurprisingly) turned out to save the world from BLM, they were out in the street fighting pissed at about 0930 in the morning.
That’s anecdotal. What is fact is the number of D&D arrests.

The restrictions in Ireland have been at Level 5 (for the third time now) for ages and there's talk of it being extended until at least May, I don't agree with those who protested but people sanity is under sever threat at the same time and our Government seem to being making things up as they go along.

To put it into perspective as of right now, since the 25th of December no-one is allowed to be further than 5km from their homes, everything is closed bar Tesco/Aldi, Chemists, Hardware stores etc.

Golf courses, gyms, no teams allowed train etc I mean it's ridiculous and too extreme imo.

I'm lucky that I work and get to travel allover the country, so at least I've some sort of normality but for most others it must be hell.

If the Government allowed people to travel within their own county, opened up gyms, golf courses etc and allowed the likes of Next, JD Sports, Hairdressers etc to all open at a limited capacity most would be fine and accept it. Right now once we get beyond this pandemic, the repercussions for mental health problems are going to over run the state.

One of these protests (peaceful, of course) on in Cork tomorrow. I'm guessing that the law will be all over it & will stop any trouble before it gets bad.

The restrictions in Ireland have been at Level 5 (for the third time now) for ages and there's talk of it being extended until at least May, I don't agree with those who protested but people sanity is under sever threat at the same time and our Government seem to being making things up as they go along.

To put it into perspective as of right now, since the 25th of December no-one is allowed to be further than 5km from their homes, everything is closed bar Tesco/Aldi, Chemists, Hardware stores etc.

Golf courses, gyms, no teams allowed train etc I mean it's ridiculous and too extreme imo.

I'm lucky that I work and get to travel allover the country, so at least I've some sort of normality but for most others it must be hell.

If the Government allowed people to travel within their own county, opened up gyms, golf courses etc and allowed the likes of Next, JD Sports, Hairdressers etc to all open at a limited capacity most would be fine and accept it. Right now once we get beyond this pandemic, the repercussions for mental health problems are going to over run the state.
I an fully aware of the restrictions. Last year was the first year since 1985 I have not visited friends over there but have had several telephone conversations and the guys I talk to are quite simply gobsmacked at the level oc restrictions.
Factor in that Ireland has a significantly higher proportion of young people than England and the dissent is understandable.

Back