scrapping a car with a private plate

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spot

Striker
what's the procedure for doing this.
My beloved Alfa has finally reached the end of it's useful life, needs a complete exhaust system replaced and I can't justify the expense for it.
It's a 17 year old manual petrol 3l v6 166 with 260k on the clock
I have a private plate which I no longer wish to retain do I just scrap the car and the plate dies with it or do I have to restore original plate to car before scrapping then dispose of private plate.

What about unused tax months will they be automatically refunded when car is scrapped, shit then there's prepaid insurance to sort out and residents parking permit that I'll have to transfer to new car what a chew on

Put some pedals in it
Done well for an Alfa,loved my 156 1.8Tspark
Imagine the dvla will bag your number if you leave it on,they recycle reg no's
Tax refund owed not sure if you have to claim

what's the procedure for doing this.
My beloved Alfa has finally reached the end of it's useful life, needs a complete exhaust system replaced and I can't justify the expense for it.
It's a 17 year old manual petrol 3l v6 166 with 260k on the clock
I have a private plate which I no longer wish to retain do I just scrap the car and the plate dies with it or do I have to restore original plate to car before scrapping then dispose of private plate.

What about unused tax months will they be automatically refunded when car is scrapped, shit then there's prepaid insurance to sort out and residents parking permit that I'll have to transfer to new car what a chew on
Can you not sell the private reg on?
When you send your transfer of ownership doc to the DVLA they automatically send a cheque for the remaining RFL.

come on give us a clue.. someone might offer you a drink fopr it... my mate Rob the brick loves buying shit plates
my contracting is what financed the car from new and the language I used was APPX and I found a plate which ended with 4PPX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back