Scrap metal?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yep,we don't get much
About 5 times in 10 years .They pay by cheque which is all to do with accountability

I thought that the rules had changed to prevent sales of copper and the like from dubious characters. All scrap merchants must be licensed and those selling scrap must be registered prior to receiving payment.

I thought that the rules had changed to prevent sales of copper and the like from dubious characters. All scrap merchants must be licensed and those selling scrap must be registered prior to receiving payment.
The cheque payment is obviously to do with that and maybe there's other guidelines for copper etc .. maybe the driver registered at gate. If so it was a formality

I thought that too but it isnt. Just need photo id n proof of current address so you can be contacted. N payment by cheque. Im guessing the rats off friends on benefits etchave someone legit who weighs it in for them.

Got shot of me dads dhw tank last week. 36 bar.

You are correct in that all scrap merchants must have the appropriate licence but members of the public disposing of scrap do not.

Scrap yards will take the registration number of your vehicle and will require proof of ID.

Payments by the dealer to the supplier for scrap metal must be either cheque or bank transfer to the ID supplied and cannot be made in cash.

I'm pretty sure that businesses and companies need a waste transfer licence to dispose of regular waste but a one off disposal of scrap shouldn't be a problem.

I’m sure they just take the cheque to the likes of Ramsdens etc and pay a premium for the privilege .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back