Scouting abroad

Status
Not open for further replies.

safc_stevo

Winger
Does anyone think our buys this window will all come within the UK market or will there be some loan's or cheap buys from abroad...

At the moment I don think I've seen any links at all to anyone abroad since Simon greyson has arrived..

Hopefully there will be some movement soon on new players we have a big job to do if we are getting ready for the new season and none of the previous season games have really stood out.

Just think with funds limited, Grayson probably thinks he can't afford "risks" atm. That's why its players he knows. That might change if he can't get who he wants possibly, but we can't afford a couple million on a player who will need longer to settle etc.

Just think with funds limited, Grayson probably thinks he can't afford "risks" atm. That's why its players he knows. That might change if he can't get who he wants possibly, but we can't afford a couple million on a player who will need longer to settle etc.
Isn't that what moyes did though and it went to tits :lol:

Find it interesting that the 2 we've signed have practically no resale value. I had assumed this would be high on the agenda this pre season.
we signed mgeady for 250k another season like last one we would get 4-5mill Vaughn one decent season we would get canny profit

we signed mgeady for 250k another season like last one we would get 4-5mill Vaughn one decent season we would get canny profit

Lot of ifs on Vaughan, I think his injury record would hamper any price if he does have a good season.

in the last four years at preston he has only got 1 player from abroad a loan deal for a danish striker (makienok) and he was on loan at charlton the season before so i think its safe to say its unlikely he will buy players from abroad who have never played in england before

in the last four years at preston he has only got 1 player from abroad a loan deal for a danish striker (makienok) and he was on loan at charlton the season before so i think its safe to say its unlikely he will buy players from abroad who have never played in england before
No foreign muck for Yorkshire Si! :lol:

Find it interesting that the 2 we've signed have practically no resale value. I had assumed this would be high on the agenda this pre season.

Agree on Vaughan but if McGeady was genuinely 250k then I wouldn't worry too much about that - it's a f***ing steal

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back