Scousers Walk Out?

Status
Not open for further replies.
same old shite over and over just change the club. fair play for 'trying' but its all a bit huffy puffy

anyone with half a brain cell has been saying for years; stop going.

the ONLY protest that will make any difference is a one that hits clubs in the pocket. and by that, i mean, if the matches were played in front of empty stadia, the value of the 'product' would decrease.

walk-outs after you have paid for a ticket, over ticket pricing, is just daft. boycotting games is the only way. even if you have already paid for a ST, just stop going and dont buy another one. if enough people follow suit it will sharp change

That will teach them! Pay for a ticket and then walk out on 77 minutes. The money men will be fuming that they have paid for their tickets, and then fucked off. The heartless bastards!

I know they wont...and that's a disgrace.

If it was me, I would drop season ticket prices but raise game day tickets...give the loyal fans a break.

The suggests that only ST holders are loyal which is of course nonsense.

That proposal would see hard off families losing out big time; they'd still probably be unable to afford for the season tickets and then they'd also be priced out of getting to see their team occasionally.

I'm not aiming this at you, but there is a lot of snobbery when it comes to season tickets on here and further afield; there seems to be a bit of a chip on the shoulder attitude towards none season ticket holding supporters

That will teach them! Pay for a ticket and then walk out on 77 minutes. The money men will be fuming that they have paid for their tickets, and then fucked off. The heartless bastards!
I understand where you're coming from and agree to a point. What you need to remember is that this has been arranged at short notice, as the new prices were only made public on Tues/Wed. The game was sold out by then. Even if action to not buy a ticket was arranged, well in advance, we'd still have plenty of people to fill the void. That's the difficult bit, for every fan who is 'priced out' there are more willing to pay it. The club know this and therefore don't give a shit either way. Pay up or fuck off.

Hopefully this can be the start of more organised attempts. Don't buy merchandise, food, drinks etc. Hit them in their pockets where it will hurt them. I believe most genuine, match going Sunderland fans will support this (not join in but understand where we are coming from). Anfield is already too expensive and it's going to get worse.

Dependent on Categorisation and seat location I assume.

Last edited:
I understand where you're coming from and agree to a point. What you need to remember is that this has been arranged at short notice, as the new prices were only made public on Tues/Wed. The game was sold out by then. Even if action to not buy a ticket was arranged, well in advance, we'd still have plenty of people to fill the void. That's the difficult bit, for every fan who is 'priced out' there are more willing to pay it. The club know this and therefore don't give a shit either way. Pay up or fuck off.

Hopefully this can be the start of more organised attempts. Don't buy merchandise, food, drinks etc. Hit them in their pockets where it will hurt them. I believe most genuine, match going Sunderland fans will support this (not join in but understand where we are coming from). Anfield is already too expensive and it's going to get worse.

Dependent on Categorisation and seat location I assume.

There are snide comments but bottom line is that if your lot hadn't pressurised the club previously 64% wouldn't be getting cuts or a freeze. Much more productive than saying 'what's the point' on a message board.

Until clubs get it nothing will happen. Love my ST which works out at £22 a match. That is true value although the pain is continuous. If we drop I can't see the club raising prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back