Scottish Comments

Hi, put a couple of comments on the Ireland V Scotland match thread, not at all racist, discriminatory, homophonic or rude, just a note that the Jocks were world beaters a few weeks ago and now can’t beat a weak Ireland side. These got deleted, so I put a thread up and this has gone.
Don’t mean to challenge the rules, never been banned and don’t want to be but don’t get what was wrong?

I`m going to toast You with a Scotch nightcap🥳
Maybe they were removed because You called Ireland weak as Scots are renowned for resilience and sense of Humour--Hence Wee Jimmy😜

Hi, put a couple of comments on the Ireland V Scotland match thread, not at all racist, discriminatory, homophonic or rude, just a note that the Jocks were world beaters a few weeks ago and now can’t beat a weak Ireland side. These got deleted, so I put a thread up and this has gone.
Don’t mean to challenge the rules, never been banned and don’t want to be but don’t get what was wrong?

You posted in the match thread, then when no one reacted, you posted a near identical post, which seemed to indicate you were simply seeking bites - the posts were removed as largely irrelevant to the match thread and risking posters reacting to the goading. There were no warnings issued and no further action. The situation was mild, but note that posts do not need to fit one of the categories you list to be removed. Your reaction to this minor action was to start a thread on the subject. As this had nothing to do with Pure Football it was moved to an appropriate forum. No action was taken for quite some time and the thread was allowed to progress but unfortunately, perhaps not surprisingly, (and possibly even as desired) became a magnet for unsavoury and in some cases xenophobic posts. The thread was eventually deleted (not by me incidentally) because of that content. The deletion of the thread is no reflection on the OP, as is entirely normal, but it would seem you interpreted it as an action against you. When you receive a warning you would be notified of it and the reason.

You posted in the match thread, then when no one reacted, you posted a near identical post, which seemed to indicate you were simply seeking bites - the posts were removed as largely irrelevant to the match thread and risking posters reacting to the goading. There were no warnings issued and no further action. The situation was mild, but note that posts do not need to fit one of the categories you list to be removed. Your reaction to this minor action was to start a thread on the subject. As this had nothing to do with Pure Football it was moved to an appropriate forum. No action was taken for quite some time and the thread was allowed to progress but unfortunately, perhaps not surprisingly, (and possibly even as desired) became a magnet for unsavoury and in some cases xenophobic posts. The thread was eventually deleted (not by me incidentally) because of that content. The deletion of the thread is no reflection on the OP, as is entirely normal, but it would seem you interpreted it as an action against you. When you receive a warning you would be notified of it and the reason.
Cheers Marra for explanation, I think (could be wrong), I posted my comments which (imo) were just banter, these were merged and when I went back on, I couldn’t see, hence re-post.
As I mentioned on another thread I was actually in Scotland (Edinburgh)watching a very Scottish musical (Sunshine on Leith) so not at anytime were any of my comments intended as they were (possibly) received, that’s my fault, not the Mods so thanks for clarifying and hopefully I can continue my clean run.
Cheers and thanks for all you do 👍

Cheers Marra for explanation, I think (could be wrong), I posted my comments which (imo) were just banter, these were merged and when I went back on, I couldn’t see, hence re-post.
As I mentioned on another thread I was actually in Scotland (Edinburgh)watching a very Scottish musical (Sunshine on Leith) so not at anytime were any of my comments intended as they were (possibly) received, that’s my fault, not the Mods so thanks for clarifying and hopefully I can continue my clean run.
Cheers and thanks for all you do 👍

Thank you - incredibly while you were at the King's I was watching the game less than 40 metres from it's front door! We are going on Friday, we left it too late and then got tipped off that two front row seats were returned last week!

Back