Scottish Border Protests- English Stay Out

• Thread starter Deleted member 32773
  • Start date

I have a different slant on this partly cos of where I live. If you live in a less populated are with low hospital provision ie cos there aren't many residents. Then a large influx of people with a potentially higher incidence of the virus, causes a lot of worry for local residents. I think at this point in lockdown it's less justified and there is obvious nationalism in the mix. But to some extent they're just wanting to stay virus free

The funny part about this is half the locals (if any are) protesting will go to Berwick to go shopping as there's nothing on the Scottish side for miles. It'd totally mess up half the border villages and towns if they did do a quarantine.

Are Scottish people allowed to travel to England?

I'm only asking because I caught something on the local news earlier where they interviewed a couple 'from Scotland' who were on holiday at a caravan site in England.

I’m not sure if I’m allowed as such but I’ve been going over the border to Carlisle Asda for my shopping because the little Tesco In my nearest town is shit.

I was there on Wednesday last week. I wasn't frog marched out of Middleton on Teesdale or harangued on the nearby moors by the sheep either.

To be fair bar sitting on a bench to eat our dinner we barely left the car as it was pissing down most of the time.
Quick ride out to check your eyesight?

Back