Scott Wright/ Beefy73 - RIP

Hi All

Scott was a regular poster on this Board back in the day and part of the first SMB CC cricket squad. Opening fast bowler and opening bat at times. He absolutely loved Sunderland and his cricket, following England all over the world with his ‘Red House SAFC’ flag.

Tragically he passed away suddenly at the weekend. An incredibly lovely and kind lad, loved by many, now gone way too soon 😢. His family have asked that details of his service go on here.

The funeral is on 17/06/22 at 3.00pm at Sunderland Crematorium. Family have requested that if you are wearing a suit that you don’t wear a black tie but rather a red or red and white tie. The service will also be streamed, with details of that coming further down the line.

RIP mate, still can’t believe you’re gone.
X
RIP

I often saw the Red House SAFC flag on telly and seem to recall seeing it in Italia 90 which I attended (not 100% sure though)

He was an absolute belter and a lovely lad, played many a game of footy and had neets out with Scott and Stew. Im absolutely shocked and gutted. Scott and his mates always used to look out for me on neets out in Chambers, vestry etc with me being younger than them. R.I.P mate.

Last edited:

Back