Scotch eggs

Mrs g bought me a scotch egg making class for Christmas. Went tonight , little company in west pelton, was only £26 for the two of us... was really good, pick your own recipes etc..

We made

Haggis , black pudding & onion
Chorizo, cheese, onion & pepper
Chilli, jalapeño, garlic & herbs
Tikka masala, onion & mushroom

Had a taste of a few different recipes made by the owner, all really nice..

Don't know if I can mention the name of the company but the experience and the end product were " top notch"

Anyone else been??

Mrs g bought me a scotch egg making class for Christmas. Went tonight , little company in west pelton, was only £26 for the two of us... was really good, pick your own recipes etc..

We made

Don't know if I can mention the name of the company but the experience and the end product were " top notch"

Anyone else been??
No

Scotch eggs take some beating

We made

Anyone else been??
Sounds lush mate - almost worth that money just for the grub.
Only the first one was scotch though.

We made

Anyone else been??

Good luck with your "scotch egg making classes" business there mate.

We made

Anyone else been??
Sounds class.

Went to a Chinese cookery class a while back. Got a demo of three dishes, made a different three and then got invited back for a banquet. Would happily do something like that again.

Last edited:
Partial to a haggis and black pudding one mind as long as it’s warm and the yolk is runny. That is the trick though (deep frying them without cooking the egg yolk)

Partial to a haggis and black pudding one mind as long as it’s warm and the yolk is runny. That is the trick though (deep frying them without cooking the egg yolk)

The yoke doesn't cook any more once it's in the fryer... I thought this too..

The sausage, egg wash , flour and bread crumbs etc protect the egg from the heat of the fryer and the egg doesn't cook any more...

We made

Anyone else been??
How do you get the egg in

Love a scotch egg.

Wadn't be paying £26 to dee a course on summit that's blindingly obvious to do mind.

How do you get the egg in
Grow it inside.

I’ve had one of them before, they are superb
Had a haggis one up The Travellers Rest in Witton Gilbert last Saturday... class. Nice bait in there like. Chef's moved there from The Garden House in Durham.

Last edited:
Love a scotch egg.

Wadn't be paying £26 to dee a course on summit that's blindingly obvious to do mind.

Grow it inside.

Had a haggis one up The Travellers Rest in Witton Gilbert last Saturday... class. Nice bait in there like. Chef's moved there from The Garden House in Durham.

Was something different mate.. she bought it for Christmas , was much better than the usual socks and duds.

I've made scotch eggs before but not even close to the standard we made and tasted tonight.. each to their own tho...

Back