Sciatica

Hopefully that's why my left leg is a bit numb then
Hurt my back earlier, then got a shooting pain down my left leg about an hour later trying to move

I think the back can pinch the the sciatic nerve and cause pain.

I was goosed for 12 months thinking I had damaged my knee, multiple physio sessions and they discovered it wasn't my knee, but my tight inflexible back was nipping my sciatic nerve and this was running through the sciatic nerve to the peroneal nerve, which wraps around the knee.

One of the most helpful thing i did was back and core yoga. felt daft doing it at first but it works and I reckon its essential as you get older if you want to stay active.

I think the back can pinch the the sciatic nerve and cause pain.

I was goosed for 12 months thinking I had damaged my knee, multiple physio sessions and they discovered it wasn't my knee, but my tight inflexible back was nipping my sciatic nerve and this was running through the sciatic nerve to the peroneal nerve, which wraps around the knee.

One of the most helpful thing i did was back and core yoga. felt daft doing it at first but it works and I reckon its essential as you get older if you want to stay active.
yoga was what I went to last night

Agree with suggestion above about yoga. I have suffered from chronic back pain and periodic bouts of acute pain where I can just about drag myself to the toilet.
I do yoga and core strengthening and haven't had a serious episode for a year. I had spinal fusion 30 years ago after a footie injury but now in my late 60s play tennis 2 or 3 times a week. Still have back ache a lot of the time but it is manageable.

I am back on dihydrocodeine, tramadol sends you loopy and morphine tries to stop my breathing. Dihydrocodeine does not completely kill the pain but makes it bearable, my nerve is trapped by scar tissue and due to other health issues they won't operate.

My old man is suffering with it now. He’s in agony with his legs daily and the poor twat has to wait for the gp again as we thought it was down to the stroke he had.

Can anyone suggest what he can do for pain relief?

My old man is suffering with it now. He’s in agony with his legs daily and the poor twat has to wait for the gp again as we thought it was down to the stroke he had.

Can anyone suggest what he can do for pain relief?
Which painkillers does he have.

Has he tried a physio?
Waiting on it mate. He went from Stroke team to GP, then GP sent him back to stroke team, now they’ve sent him back to GP. Turns it out it’s sciatica and nothing to do with the stroke. He’s absolutely crippled the poor twat with no pain relief and just being sent in circles.

Waiting on it mate. He went from Stroke team to GP, then GP sent him back to stroke team, now they’ve sent him back to GP. Turns it out it’s sciatica and nothing to do with the stroke. He’s absolutely crippled the poor twat with no pain relief and just being sent in circles.
I would take him down to A&E they might be able to give him stronger pain relief or put him in traction.

Back