Sciatica advice

• Thread starter Deleted member 15970
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 15970

I managed to twang my back this afternoon and now I've got sciatica from just above my waist right down to my foot.

I'm after some useful advice about treatment. I'm considering sports massage or maybe even going to a chiropractor so am asking if anyone else has had sciatica treated by either of these and if they worked or not? Also does anyone have any other recommendations?

GP gave me some tablets sorted it. but ages ago can't remember what they were
Thought i had pulled me calf and hamstring. No idea it was sciatica

Have a look on tinternet for sciatica exercises. Have a try of them and see which ones help.
If you have only done it this afternoon then rest will probably be the best thing for a couple of days.

Have a look on tinternet for sciatica exercises. Have a try of them and see which ones help.
If you have only done it this afternoon then rest will probably be the best thing for a couple of days.

This. Get some exercises - do them. Every day if at all possible. Strongly recommend not stopping when it eases off as the bloody thing keeps coming back!

Wouldn’t bother with a chiropractor- but a decent physio to demo the exercises might be smart.

Rest, but don't lie down for ages you'll feel worse when you try and get up. Try and stay mobile, even if it's just a painful walking-dead shuffle around the room frequently.

Painkillers or inflammatories may work, I found exercise and tens machine helped me.

I've had treatment for it from a very good chiropractor.
I've also had it made worse by a shite chiropractor.
The thing that worked best for me over the longer term was the stretches for it demonstrated by nubile young women on youtube.

Do some research on Amatsu, if you are willing to pay for treatment and you think it’s for you give me a messsge and I can put you in contact with someone.

This.

Whenever i've had it, I found lying on my back and 'rolling' my affected leg across to the opposite side worked wonders.

Sort of like the 'knee to opposite shoulder' here

Last edited:
I like this, forget any other advice folks!

Lie flat with a tennis ball under the arse cheek on the side you've done and move about, it'll relieve the pressure on the nerve.
:eek: I think I'd be worried about just where the ball might end up!

Last edited by a moderator:

Back