School removing disabled children from photos

The mod concerned deleted a batch of posts for 'OT bickering'.

I can't see any relevant reports so they must have acted off their own bat.

Members have been saying this forum has been going downhill for years, normally following a post deletion or a warning.

FInally, the whingeing 'woe is me' look doesn't suit you.

Just seems like the rules are becoming tighter and tighter with zero consultation with forum members or forum contributors.

I was given a ban of several months for complaining nothing was done about Apache Inbound spamming the board with dozens of posts a day of utter nonsense, but a bit of mild bickering is deleted instantly 🤷‍♂️

I await this being deleted and another ban being served.

The mod concerned deleted a batch of posts for 'OT bickering'.

I can't see any relevant reports so they must have acted off their own bat.

Members have been saying this forum has been going downhill for years, normally following a post deletion or a warning.

FInally, the whingeing 'woe is me' look doesn't suit you.
There was no bickering mate . Me and fridge get on canny and enjoy the bit back and forth.

Just seems like the rules are becoming tighter and tighter with zero consultation with forum members or forum contributors.

I was given a ban of several months for complaining nothing was done about Apache Inbound spamming the board with dozens of posts a day of utter nonsense, but a bit of mild bickering is deleted instantly 🤷‍♂️

I await this being deleted and another ban being served.
As you know, I am always available for advice/complaints via pm.

Having herded kids through school photograph day many times when I was teaching - I don't think it was a case of "photoshopped out" (it's bloody appalling though). Tempest tend to be the main one who do these class photos of the kids in little groups all pulling "cute" poses and then they photoshop the whole group together in a way that's meant to look like the whole class, but in reality they always get the scaling slightly wrong so you end up with tiny group of kids next to godzilla sized group and stuff. I think they've not put the additional needs group IN to one of the class images - which again is bloody horrible and really does not contribute to the others in the class seeing the omitted children as their peers.

From my own experience - I know there will be some absolute arsehole parents who picked the "no disabled kids" option - I've seen some horrendous behaviour from grown parents directed toward my youngest just for her having autism and coordination difficulties. If they could have airbrushed her out of the class they would have done (and she's not a child who is disruptive, or aggressive or anything - just a sweet natured kid)

Unborn babies with conditions like down syndrome are regularly "aborted" (aka killed) for that reason and nobody bats an eye. Not sure why people are surprised at this - we live in a sick world.

Unborn babies with conditions like down syndrome are regularly "aborted" (aka killed) for that reason and nobody bats an eye. Not sure why people are surprised at this - we live in a sick world.
Parents do decide not to have children that they know will be severely disabled, in part because they don’t want their children to live in a world where they are ignored or actively discriminated against.
The decision is often based on a somewhat out of date medical model that dictates that the child will never achieve anything and is likely to die young, because until relatively recently that was true. My wife and I decided not to have the test for Downs but I understand why people would.
It’s a morally difficult area but because that happens doesn’t mean anyone who is disabled or has disabled children should be treated in this way.

Having herded kids through school photograph day many times when I was teaching - I don't think it was a case of "photoshopped out" (it's bloody appalling though). Tempest tend to be the main one who do these class photos of the kids in little groups all pulling "cute" poses and then they photoshop the whole group together in a way that's meant to look like the whole class, but in reality they always get the scaling slightly wrong so you end up with tiny group of kids next to godzilla sized group and stuff.

We had them with my youngest and they were awful. There was a girl sitting on the floor with her legs to the side but they'd chopped her feet off. Another one had lost an arm. They'd shrunk the group with the TA in too much, so she looked like an oompa loompa.

Having herded kids through school photograph day many times when I was teaching - I don't think it was a case of "photoshopped out" (it's bloody appalling though). Tempest tend to be the main one who do these class photos of the kids in little groups all pulling "cute" poses and then they photoshop the whole group together in a way that's meant to look like the whole class, but in reality they always get the scaling slightly wrong so you end up with tiny group of kids next to godzilla sized group and stuff. I think they've not put the additional needs group IN to one of the class images - which again is bloody horrible and really does not contribute to the others in the class seeing the omitted children as their peers.

From my own experience - I know there will be some absolute arsehole parents who picked the "no disabled kids" option - I've seen some horrendous behaviour from grown parents directed toward my youngest just for her having autism and coordination difficulties. If they could have airbrushed her out of the class they would have done (and she's not a child who is disruptive, or aggressive or anything - just a sweet natured kid)

Aye, told all the disabled kids to get out the way for a second set of photos. Then asked the parents to choose with or without the disableds. Absolutely awful.

We had them with my youngest and they were awful. There was a girl sitting on the floor with her legs to the side but they'd chopped her feet off. Another one had lost an arm. They'd shrunk the group with the TA in too much, so she looked like an oompa loompa.

Bloody hell :(

A load of shite as well, I mean they could have just got the kids together and someone take one with their phone and you'd get a good enough picture, better than a photoshopped one.
Agreed. I just trawled back in my photos. As I said, looks absolutely ludicrous. Apparently there was no thought about if people might wonder how the wheelchair got up there 🤷‍♂️😮
1711916991133.png
1711917049598.jpeg

Attachments

You must be registered for see attachments list
Talking of Photoshop.
Back in the day when computers and the internet were taking off. I remember a story of an old lady asking someone if he could remove a bin from a family photo taken in her garden.
He said he could do that for her but was shocked that she got upset when he showed her the altered photo.
He asked her if she wanted the bin put back and she replied
"No, Tiddles my cat was behind the bin". 🤣

She thought the cat would be in the photo when the bin was removed . 🤣

Back