SCARBOROUGH questions

I've been to all of them but I got the feeling there wasn't enough going on in F and W whereas S was a large town.

I'm bearing all the comments in mind.
What do you think is going on in Scarborough like? Its a very isolated place, the properties are cheap for a good reason.

Whitby is very much an all year round town these days with rail links into the middle of the town. Both are quite hilly mind.

Was considering perhaps moving there (Scarborough ), but Scarborough is far too hilly for the aged p. - she would love to wander down to the beaches and harbour but the hills and steps would be too much to cope with. So forever how ideal it could have been otherwise, the hills make it a no no.

Was considering perhaps moving there (Scarborough ), but Scarborough is far too hilly for the aged p. - she would love to wander down to the beaches and harbour but the hills and steps would be too much to cope with. So forever how ideal it could have been otherwise, the hills make it a no no.
the town itself isnt that hilly from what i remember. more of gentle pull than owt else and there are means of transport between the town and the front areas so mobility isnt actually that much of a problem

the town itself isnt that hilly from what i remember. more of gentle pull than owt else and there are means of transport between the town and the front areas so mobility isnt actually that much of a problem

Perhaps, but you know when something won't work. Took the aged p there this weekend and although she managed the bean ( sp?) steps she would not want to do them frequently.

She would use local transport but it is important to her to be able to walk to the seafront. Bridlington might be considered now, perhaps.

( I'll have to start a new thread)

I appreciate the input from everybody though. Thanks.

Perhaps, but you know when something won't work. Took the aged p there this weekend and although she managed the bean ( sp?) steps she would not want to do them frequently.

She would use local transport but it is important to her to be able to walk to the seafront. Bridlington might be considered now, perhaps.

( I'll have to start a new thread)

I appreciate the input from everybody though. Thanks.
Only ever visited Brid on a day basis but seems ok, and it is flatter than scarborough

Visited Bridlington on a day trip when we were staying just outside of Pickering last year. Seemed a bleak place to us.

Had some great holidays in Scarborough when I was a young un, the Futurist and the Floral hall. Acts like Lulu, the Bachelors Jimmy Tarbuck, Mike and Bernie Winters, and Freddie parrot face Davies among loads of others. Naval warfare in Peasholm park , the amusements in the south bay .Great stuff :D

I love Scarborough. One of my mates moved down there almost 5 years ago and it's always been a real treat to go down for the weekend. Sadly, he moved down to that London in January and I no longer have free accommodation or a real reason to go to Scarbados.

Back